As a Power BI Intern at our automotive company, you will play a vital role in supporting our data analysis and reporting initiatives. You will develop and maintain interactive dashboards, visualizations, and reports using Microsoft Power BI.
This internship will provide you with hands-on experience in utilizing data to drive business insights for the GM Training Center.
Collaborating on innovation challenges, interacting with Industry leaders, attending cross-functional networking events and volunteering for community service activities.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Power BI is essential. Familiarity with SQL, Excel, and data visualization best practices is highly desirable.
- Analytical Mindset: Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex data sets, identify patterns, and generate meaningful insights.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey data-driven insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Problem-Solving: Demonstrated ability to approach problems creatively, propose innovative solutions, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team Player: Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in a team setting, as well as independently on assigned tasks.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail to ensure data accuracy and produce high-quality visualizations and reports.
- Automotive Knowledge (bonus): Basic understanding of the automotive industry, its key performance indicators, and relevant data sources would be advantageous.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.