In this role you will perform complex assignments requiring a wider application of security principles, theories and concept. You will interact with senior internal leadership. May lead and provide direction to a team of individuals. Expected to influence without direct control. You will work with independence, though some support and advice is readily available from the manager. During the year you will set short term objectives and guidelines in support of security strategy, which have a direct impact on Security's overall results. You will holds yourself and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
- Responsible for leading a technical and business facing team with the goal of protecting GM’s intellectual property, identifying misappropriation of access and IT sabotage in order to minimize GM financial, operational and reputational risk
- Responsible for translating business requirements to technical controls using multiple security tools and platforms
- Responsible for the overall operations management of various security tools (DLP, CASB, DI, etc.) including application monitoring, upgrades, expansion and coverage
- Support the integration of new solutions into GM’s environment
- Lead the integration of new solutions and maintain existing ones in GM’s global environment, including integration with email, web proxy, mobile device, and client workstations
- Enforces the ethics and integrity standards of the company by knowing and identifying non-compliance of company policies and initiating further investigation to address and correct while championing and supporting continuous improvement of current policies
- Responsible for partnering with GM’s vendors to ensure ongoing operations and sustainability
- Works in a team environment that is inclusive of unique perspectives and diverse views and be able to actively seek a wide variety of perspectives and viewpoints to help ensure the best course of action is consistently considered and taken
- Partners with various teams across the IT organization to ensure success of the program
- Demonstrates knowledge in security industry regulations/standards (Insider Threat Framework, PCI DSS, HIPAA) and compliance frameworks (NIST, ISO 27002)
- Have strong troubleshooting skills to quickly assess problems and develop resolutions
- Ability to make recommendations on process improvements and drive change throughout organization
- Advanced knowledge in Data Loss Prevention application software management and various solutions to protect against the loss of sensitive data
- Advanced knowledge of GM’s IT infrastructure and networking components
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention tools and application suites
- Experience with Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) software
- Experience with the data storage and reporting as well as various scripting languages
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.