Contribute to seeding the accurate brand message across the global organization, dealerships, media outlets, agencies, etc.
- Ensure that all creative marketing materials adhere to strict brand guidelines.
- Conduct market research and analyze data to gain marketing insights and uncover key consumer insights and competitive opportunities.
- Brainstorm and develop creative marketing campaigns for various GM products including vehicles, accessories, parts, services, etc.
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns.
- Maintain and update corporate creative content.
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally i.e.; CRM, agencies, GM partners, etc.
- Undertake related tasks as assigned.
Job Description Summary:
A Brand Manager will be supporting the development of brand and product communications strategies in the Brand Strategy, Marketing team. Directly reporting to the Head of Brand Strategy, the Brand Manager will play the role as the organization’s Brand Guardian, to develop and manage the brand VI and key branding assets, including logos, brand icons, brand and vehicle names…etc.; at the same time supporting the development of The Durant Guild brand and its vehicle communications strategies. He/ she will need to have high influence ability and team spirits to work with cross-functional teams in implementing the brand strategies into areas such as retailing, digital, customer engagement, aftersales…etc. to achieve brand consistency and business objectives of the organization.
Brand Guideline management: to develop and manage the Brand Guideline and be able to provide branding guidance to cross-functional teams
Brand Asset management: logos, branding icons, namings…etc. including insight analysis, creative proposals, screening and legal registration…etc.
Support on cross-functional brand trainings
Support on reviewing online, offline branding key touch-points to ensure brand consistency
Work with Product team to develop product positioning, competitive analysis and product KSP prioritization
Work with Sales team to understand market intelligence and market trend
Work with aftersales & other cross-functional teams to communicate consistent brand and product strategies
Work with external agencies to identify target audience insights and develop corresponding product communications strategies
Responsible for product naming, trim naming, go-to-market messaging, key visual development…etc.
Work with internal marketing team to develop the integrated marketing campaign plan to reach the targeted KPIs
Work with CX/ Data Analytic team for regular brand tracking and campaign performance monitoring
- Bachelor's degree or above in business, engineering related field, oversea experience is a plus
- Excellent command of Microsoft applications including Excel and PowerPoint, Project etc.
- Good facilitator – can drive collaborative discussions, gather feedback, and provides structured follow-up on how it will be addressed through solutions
- Excellent communicator – be able to communicate with cross-functional teams to influence and to achieve the business objectives together
- Ability to establish productive relationships at key levels of the organization and across functional teams
- 5 - 10 experience in premium automotive industry preferred
- 5+ years of experience in product and brand marketing required
- International experience is preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.