- Draft disclosure language, such as management discussion and analysis (MD&A) disclosures and footnotes and maintain records to support the filing of 10-K and 10-Q forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Analyze proposed changes to draft filing documents for compliance with U.S. SEC disclosure requirements, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) standards and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), evaluating and documenting the completeness and sufficiency across GM’s disclosures for compliance therewith.
- Gather and evaluate submissions from process owners for inclusion in disclosures and for compliance with U.S. GAAP and FASB requirements.
- File relevant documents with the U.S. SEC in adherence to prescribed U.S. SEC regulations and guidelines.
- Investigate and correct inconsistent accounting data, identifying and resolving the root causes of reporting inconsistencies.
- Recommend continuing process and internal accounting control improvements.
- Interact with global GM Controllership colleagues and review working papers to ensure that all regulatory requirements for filings are met.
- Monthly Controllers call and regional month end close related communications including closing calendar and new or updated accounting guidance
- Edit check reporting and financial statement footnotes
- Liaison with BU Controllers, Global Technical Accounting and Corporate close and consolidation teams as needed
- Prepare GMIO’s Corporate Journal Entries (CJEs)
- Identify, interpret, and analyze potential accounting risks and issues
- Partner with Finance to determine accounting implications of transactions and perform analytical analyses to utilize when making all material business decisions
- Prepare financial analysis on monthly results and special transactions
- Assist with internal and external financial reporting - including analyzing consolidated results, drafting SEC documents and management review reports, ensuring quality, and administering strict timeline
- Research and interpret new accounting standards and brainstorm how each applies to GM as well as comply with external 10-Q/10-K reporting requirements
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drive continuous improvement initiatives of GMIO Region
- Align reporting responsibilities as a result of the CPR implementation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related discipline
- Prior Record-to-Report experience required, regional and/or global experience preferred
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, net income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, knowledge of debt structures, etc.
- Can provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting and controls
- Structured presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work cross-functionally and multi-culturally
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.