The successful candidate in this position will be responsible for leading the early development and execution of solutions for future programs in the RESS (Rechargeable Energy Storage System) Development Center. The Engineer will lead the execution of equipment, tools, and processes necessary to emulate production BOP & BOE, leverage early Lessons Learned, and enable flawless launches. Work is performed in a team environment, consisting of daily interactions with Product Engineering, Central Mfg Engineering, and Operations. This position will report to the RESS Development Engineering Execution Team with a direct extension to the RESS Central Manufacturing group. Primary location for this position is at the future RESS Development Center in Warren, MI. Prior to building being completed in Q3 2024, work will be hybrid between Warren Tech Center, OEMs, Brownstown Battery, and Pontiac Engineering Center.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate overall engineering activities for RESS module, pack assembly or testing.
- Develop and execute plan to process part orders and support operations with day to day technical/process needs.
- Engineer, Evaluate Supplier (OEM) proposals, Design, Build and Implement machinery, tools & equipment that meet specifications, quality and safety criteria.
- Lead equipment installation, debug, G-Comply/Green tag process and validation.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to meet program targets and metrics.
- Serve as the communications bridge between Product Engineering and Central Manufacturing.
- Provide technical support for solving problems and driving issues to resolution.
- Gather lessons learned throughout the program execution, feedforward/feedback information to improve ME BOP/BOE.
- Provide technical and program management assistance to achieve program requirements.
- Prepare and present status updates to leadership as needed.
- 6+ years of professional industry experience in process development or Manufacturing Engineering discipline with plant floor experience.
- Battery product knowledge or similar electrification experience
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor and design for manufacturability.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Team Center, Microsoft Project, Simulation and CAD/CAM systems.
- Strong Statistical problem solving training (Red X/ DFSS)
- Knowledge or Global Manufacturing System or similar manufacturing philosophies
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in engineering or equivalent job-related experience.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.