Senior Visualization Designer
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare/transfer data for the CG pipelines, working collaboratively with designers/sculptors internal to the studio to execute design vision
- Responsible for immersive assets' creation using UE and VRED to support HMD design reviews and interactive visual applications (as a tech artist)
- Be responsible for CG related concepting, modeling, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing and sound, from very beginning to project completion
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments as needed to ensure finished product success, collaborate with cross-functional team during various visualization phases
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to follow feedback/art direction with a keen attention to detail
- Balance work within a fluid creative design environment and with tight timelines & design frameworks, take project ownership and drive for high-quality results
- Be comfortable executing R&D and creative/technical exploration
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in Unreal Engine
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills to effectively explain and resolve difficult situations to staff and management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Understanding of software such as Maya, VRED, VRAY, Nuke, AE and PS
- Knowledge in MS Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Alias, Blender, Rhino, Gravity Sketch knowledge a plus
- Passion for emerging technologies, visual storytelling and excellence in all aspects of automotive visualization
- Possess excellent work ethic, professionalism, and personal drive for continuous success
- Ability to work under tight timelines and handle multiple assignments at once
- Ability to create high quality photorealistic renderings
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent combination of education and industry related experience required.
- Preferably 3+ years of work experience in CG/Architectural or Exhibit Visualization design field
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.