General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 850 people working in an hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days.
Our Software Defined Vehicle IL (SDV IL) – Energy and Mobility Application Group develops a broad range of Web and Mobile based connected vehicle systems, including autonomous fleet management, mobility services, electric vehicle digital user experience, as well as next generation of OnStar online services for consumers and Cars.
SDV – ‘Software Defined Vehicle’ is a new group that is developing vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels. The SDV teams are supporting the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility service.
We're looking for an innovative data engineering Team Leader to lead a new team in GM which will be responsible for building a new intelligent location based context engine which will provide effective personalization, and will bring the ability to understand our customers current context and deliver to their exact need in the right moment it is needed. You will be in responsible of architecting, building, and maintaining a new ‘vehicle to cloud’ ML data pipelines harnessing billions of data points and serving millions of users inside and outside the vehicle. You will work closely with the product manager(s), user experience teams, and other groups of exceptional engineering teams
What will you do?
- You will perform hands on design and programming for high bandwidth system development
- Lead a team of skilled engineers, guiding them to deliver exceptional results and fostering professional growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data requirements and develop scalable solutions that optimize our technology products.
- Drive the design and implementation of robust data pipelines, ensuring data quality, reliability, and security.
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets to uncover valuable insights and inform strategic business decisions.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and advancements in data engineering, and champion their integration into our processes and technologies.
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements below - that’s ok!
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so, If you find the position exciting and think you can contribute and evolve,
Please continue the application! We promise to consider your application even if you are missing a skill or two :-)
For any question, please contact the TA team: ta.israel@GM.com
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering
- Over 10 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience working on multiple data sources and types of data analysis tasks
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Knowledge of geospatial data, algorithms, and location-based services.
- Proven ability to design and build scalable systems using big data.
- Experience working with large datasets, including statistical analysis, data quality control, and storage optimization.
- A collaborative and curious mindset, coupled with a passion for using advanced ML techniques to create a meaningful global impac
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.