Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
As an MBA Associate Intern within the Treasurer’s Office, you will be part of our EXCEL (Exploring Careers through Experiential Learning) program. As a participant, you will support and advise multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by crafting and implementing timely business solutions.
This program is comprised of select students who are currently working towards an MBA and have several years of prior work experience. Each internship provides immediate and meaningful responsibility, and you are exposed to a wide range of strategic and financial assignments. Interns are encouraged to collaborate with GM’s globally diverse organizations to assemble data, perform analyses, and present recommendations to senior GM executives.
Opportunities for outstanding networking opportunities with peers, senior finance executives and GM CFO, which facilitate their visibility and growth within GM. The interns will also participate in several activities focused around the “Design/Build/Sell and Services” operations of the company, such as a Ride & Drive, a case competition, assembly plant tour, and overviews of key areas of finance.
The positions are typically southeast Michigan. Available Treasury intern positions include: Capital Planning & Corporate Finance, Debt & Equity Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange & Commodities, Cash Investments & Structured Finance, Auto Finance, Treasury Operations, Supplier Finance Risk Management, and Pensions Strategy.
The start dates for this internship role are May & June of 2024.
Required Qualifications :
- Pursuit of an MBA degree, first year students only
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications) :
- Familiarity in use of common financial tools (ROIC, NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles or advanced accounting principles
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
- Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
- Ability to grasp the “big picture” and underlying strategic issues
- Ability to develop and deliver solutions to sophisticated problems
- Ability to bring new perspective to challenges and effectively communicate advantages to such perspectives/ideas
- Several years of professional experience
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet targets
- Project Management / Client Management
- Ability to ask critical questions and gather data
- Ability to coordinate and lead tasks within a broader project
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal mentorship/supervision
- Teamwork / Leadership Skills
- Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
- Works with determination to complete assignments
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause and understands the drivers
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to structure presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
- Effective business writer; able to provide a short synopsis and recommendation
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
The salary for this role is $6,700 per month
Benefit options are not available for this role
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.