General Purpose of Position:
Create finished three-dimensional models of proposed vehicles and/or components. Work duties involve a high degree of creativity, skill, accuracy and coordination, incorporating technical expertise and artistic ability. Exercise independent judgment, with supervision available as needed. Work individually or in groups with decisions made based on established procedures and specifications. Occasional instruction of others in modeling procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates new and improves existing models using AliasStudio
- Produces finished models to design and engineering specifications
- Understands program timelines and is proactive regarding task completion
- Adheres to and assists in developing common processes and best practices
- Demonstrated curve and surface creation capabilities for development of “class A” quality surfacing
- Knowledge of current trends in design, technology, production methods and materials
Skills and Abilities:
- Creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
- Strong understanding and abilities in line, form and surface development
- Effectively utilizes modeling equipment
- Ability to successfully incorporate engineering criteria into a design theme
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Good analytical ability
- Proficient in AliasStudio
Education and/or Training:
- College degree with a major in Industrial Design, Sculpture, Ceramics, or equivalent experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.