- Demonstrates expertise in knowledge of the processes required to perform, and ensures they are effectively performing job responsibilities utilizing standardized methods
- Motivates direct reports and/or business partners through effective communication, training, coaching, development, and recognition
- Identifies opportunities for improvement using tools such as layered audits
- Achieves Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, and Cost key performance indicators
- Cultivates a safety culture, and implements and enforces workplace safety rules and policies
- Implements GMS and lean principles
- Models GM’s cultural behaviors and always demonstrates the highest level of integrity
- Maintains good working relationships and communicates with employees, union representatives, and management team
- May evaluate team performance, and promotes continuous improvement
- Achieves quality standards by communicating goals and leveraging resources to solve problems
- Understands and consistently administers company policies
- May completes administrative tasks such as timekeeping, and maintain departmental records and reports
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Trains, develops and evaluates employee.
- Keeps abreast of parts distribution center/materials warehouse performance reports and costs.
- Must be willing to work 1st or 2nd as dictated by business
- Must be willing to work overtime (including weekends as needed)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience supervising employees in a union environment.
- Experience supervising employees in a warehousing/ manufacturing/ distribution environment.
- Knowledge of warehousing/manufacturing /distribution processes and procedure.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- High level oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic technology of area where assigned.
- High level analytical ability where problems are complex.
- High level interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, motivate employees and elicit work output.
- Ability to work any shift as dictated by the business
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.