Major duties and responsibilities:
- Leads a team comprised of (20 to 30) employees and (50-70) contractors who create digital models which develop vehicle production programs as defined throughout the Global Vehicle Development Process, and advanced projects with focus on creativity and quick ideation
- Deliver criteria compliant math surface to enable engineering execution
- Provide leadership to ensure sculpting deliverables meet Design and Engineering’s quality and timing requirements
- Manage the working relationship with multiple regions and studios to create an overall balanced workplace culture, while optimizing resource allocation across all customers of Global Design
- Integrates teams: Engineering, Manufacturing, Design and Program while driving execution of GVDP deliverables
- Ensures a skilled, capable workforce. Leads recruitment and creates hiring strategies and talent attraction. Constructs a retention plan for the organization. Provides career development for all sculptors and identifies individuals with people leader or tech lead potential
- Sets and develops strategic direction for team technical growth, methods, tools and expectations
- Ensures digital sculptors are adhering to the PDM, glidepath, Sculpting Scorecard and Global Math Modeling Standards
- Build strong connections into Global Design Sculpting Organization
- Thorough knowledge of Engineering/Design criteria and solutions to achieve a balanced result meeting aesthetic expectations and requirements
- Thorough knowledge of Design Center specific GVDP processes, deliverables, corporate data management and communication systems
- Knowledge of current trends in design, technology, production methods and materials
- Expertise in digital modeling techniques and processes
- Leadership Skills: Strategic Orientation, Results Orientation, Change Leadership, Collaborating and Influencing, Team Leadership, and People Development
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, paradox and risk
- Ability to provide coordination, advice, collaboration in a non-threatening, tactful way
- Ability to speak English/Chinese fluently, good communication skills both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree for Automotive Design, Industrial Design or etc.,
- 8+ years digital sculpting experience, ideally leading programs
- 3+ years of experience managing a sculpting team handling multiple programs
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.