- Collaborate with and lead cross domain and cross discipline expert teams to define system design decisions and implement technical solutions.
- Support the development of the overall Systems Architecture for new AD and ADAS systems and capture the necessary architectural views (functional, logical, mechanization, etc.) in models.
- Define systems architecture roadmap to scale new architectures for future vehicle and electrical platform variants.
- Understand the existing electrical architecture where the new AD and ADAS system will be integrated. Propose necessary solutions to support seamless integration of the AD and ADAS system and their sensing systems into the existing architecture.
- Evaluate and define the function allocation and communication protocol, coordinate and modify the topology to meet local application needs.
- Formulate the overall hardware design scheme, review and guide the hardware design of each domain, improve the reusability of functions, optimize the hardware and communication strategy of each domain from platform perspective.
- Ensure the requirements for the Compute System have been fulfilled including power, thermal, and environmental requirements like EMC, Vibration, Water Proof, etc.
- Evaluate functional requirements, integrate system analysis results, and technical system requirements into system technical specification (cross-domain if needed) as required
- Take lead for technical review activities, actively involve relevant technical discussions and provide solutions across internal and external stakeholders
- Lead risk assessments on unavoidable deviations from requirements
- Support both internal and external Integration and Verification teams for trouble shooting and refine the architecture and requirement as needed
- 5+ years of automotive systems engineering experience with proven track record of implementing AD/ADAS system architectures.
- Deep knowledge of Systems Engineering and Systems Architecture principles and a proven track record of successful implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software and hardware requirements and interfaces.
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as AD/ADAS systems, chassis and vehicle dynamics, automotive networks, propulsion, body controls, infotainment (HMI) etc.
- Understanding of the basics for sensing systems particularly for AD/ADAS systems including Compute System, Lidar, Radar, Camera, and Ultra-Sonic sensors.
- Established knowledge of automotive communication systems including CAN, Ethernet, and Wireless communication along with the fundamental diagnostic strategies.
- Experience of automotive data acquisition systems for example INCA, CANalyzer, etc.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to engineering sites and supplier offices as required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.