GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
- Hybrid : Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
At GM we are working to change the future of mobility as we progress towards our ultimate vision: ZERO crashes, ZERO emissions and ZERO congestion. Our Global Finance team plays a critical role in the pursuit of these goals, from helping to optimize our current operations to developing strategies and business plans that will drive our future. There has never been a better time to build a career at GM. We are currently looking for individuals to join our TRACK (Technical Rotation and Career Knowledge) rotational program which will represent the next generation of Finance leaders at General Motors.
Our TRACK program is a rotation program designed to develop well rounded Financial Analysts who can affect positive change in our global organization. Rotations are designed to deliver a breadth of experience across multiple operating finance functions that support our mission to design, build, and sell the world's best vehicles and associated services. Potential rotations include Sales and Marketing, Product Development, Purchasing & Supply Chain, Customer Care & Aftersales, Manufacturing, and Digital Business. In addition to building an exceptional financial skillset, the TRACK program provides a truly immersive experience by pairing candidates with advisors and mentors to support growth and development within the organization. What’s more, because the program leverages a “cohort” approach, you will have the opportunity to participate in networking and social events with your peers and leadership.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields
- Must be graduating between August 2023 and June 2024
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Demonstrate leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Collaborate with a diverse team including cross-functional partners
- Communicate effectively, possess a high level of integrity, persistence, accountability, trust, and an ability to deal with ambiguity and take action
- Prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Understand common financial metrics like ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.
- Data analysis, learning agility, creative solutioning, and problem solving
- Ability to analyze balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, capital structures, etc.
- Possess Excel, modeling, and financial valuation skills
- For Bachelor's-level candidates, the salary for this role is $78,000 per year
- For Master's-level candidates, the salary for this role is $82,000 per year
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.