Service Centre & Authorised Repairer Support
- Provide 1ST and 2nd level, on-site support to resolve automotive technical and Techline issues as escalated through existing processes and respond promptly to dispatch cases for vehicle concerns that may lead to “vehicle down” or potential “repurchase” situations.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the GM Europe TAC to review vehicles in all levels of repair.
- Work closely with the GM Europe Customer Call Center (CCC) to respond to customers that have contacted CCC for assistance with their vehicle.
- Use GM’s analytic tools and supporting data to address vehicles in the assigned area and assist Service Centre’s quickly to resolve all vehicle technical issues.
- Review Service Centre’s process on every Service Centre’s contact.
- Help implement a comeback prevention process for each Service Centre’s in region.
- Review current Preliminary Information (PI) and Service bulletins for known vehicle concerns with appropriate personnel.
- Support GM ad-hoc in- Service Centre’s training sessions.
- Take ownership of Service Centre’s concerns and use effective problem resolution skills.
- Report on Service Centre’s “State of Health” relative to overall service readiness.
- Assist the Service Centre’s in Technician recruitment and retention by reviewing “Technician Pipeline” options with Service Centre’s Service Management.
Develop and maintain positive relationships with GM National and Regional Management responsible for Service Operations and Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality, including the GM CCA & Engineering community with a focus on product quality improvements and minimizing potential repurchases. Represent GM as the primary resource and spokesperson in the field for automotive technical and Techline product information as required:
- Drive new PI’s and bulletins for European requirements.
- Monitor Warranty performance, review all escalated warranty claims and identify warranty waste opportunities.
- Attend to requests from GM wholesale personnel including Regional Service management, Vehicle/Powertrain Brand Quality, and Engineering and provide feedback in agreed formats.
- Provide support for arbitration hearings, legal cases and general suggestions to GM National Management and the BQM Team
- Provide Brand Quality support for vehicles at Port of Entry and Regional Compounds.
- Provide support for Technical Training as directed by GM National Management.
- Support GM Field Action and Recall Process’s as directed by GM National Management.
- The RSA will support the GM Customer Call Centre (CCC) Operations, providing Face to Face contact with GM customers at either appointed Service Centre’s and/or customer recommended locations.
- The RSA will perform on-site service, diagnostics, repairs and installation of GM accessories on customer vehicles as directed by GM Management.
- Understand customer complaints, collect vehicle data, and consult with GM Management to enhance root cause analysis.
- Inform and present in a clear and effective way products, features, and service to the final customers in accurate manner, via phone (Inbound-outbound), email or chat and in person.
- Leverage customer data to suggest new products & services intentionally and proactively.
- Assist in validating market launch procedures and assist in defining procedure and operation excellence.
- Support ad hoc requests that drive business results, customer satisfaction and/or global alignment.
- Work across the organization SMEs and service partners to deliver transparent and efficient customer experience.
- Extensive hands-on Automotive Manufacturer / Importer experience.
- Experience at Dealership Service Department and/or equivalent vehicle diagnostic and repair experience.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Electric Vehicle diagnostic and repair experience.
- National recognized Automotive Technician Certifications as required by local law
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Proficiency using MS Office
- Manage, resolve, document, and close dispatched cases in the required timeframe.
- Build and maintain customer relationships with Service Centre’s management teams.
- Work with minimal direction and be responsible for self-training to maintain and increase skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills to optimally prioritize and deliver critical services.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Valid EU driving license
- Proficiency in local language(s) and English
- 5+ years of hands-on Manufacturer and/or Automotive Dealership Service Department or equivalent vehicle diagnostic and repair experience.
- Vocational, Technical, Associates, or bachelor’s degree
- Proficient user of Data Bus Diagnostic Tools (e.g., via TIS/GDS, NeoVi /V-Spy Intrepid Tools, Buffalo Tool, INCA Tool, etc.) and Pico Scope for diagnosis
- Experience in customer handling, support, sales, administrative, computer or other business skills applicable to the specific needs of the FSE position
- Computer hardware set-up, internet and wireless communications experience
- Certified as Master Technician
- Knowledge of GM Global Connect Service Applications, GM Service Training College (GM STC) training web site and applications, and GM vehicle control systems, including controller area networks, GM LAN, etc.
- Primarily based within the Stockholm area, with travel to other areas as required.
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis. The position will include Cross- Border responsibilities.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.