Type Approval/Certification Deliverables:
- Plan and execute type approval/certification activities for GM China imported vehicles
- Communicate annual type approval/certification timing requirements to stakeholders based on vehicle content/regulatory changes.
- Streamline witness testing to reduce costs and minimize impact to test facilities via negotiation with technical agency authorities (propose ideas to reduce number of physical tests).
- Maintain/refine documentation database and templates with the latest information to support first time quality type approval/certification effort.
- Coordinate and lead all GM-based witness testing for assigned programs.
- Support the development/refinement of GM’s in-house test procedures, based on assigned regulations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Familiarity with export/global regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with export market certification requirements.
- Comprehension of technical engineering, legal and political sides of issues.
- Negotiating skills; must be both persuasive and diplomatic in technical, legal and political settings.
- Proficiency in oral/written communications; when communicating with external 3rd parties, particularly government authorities, to integrate all knowledge and skills to present a best possible case on behalf of GM.
- Ability to organize and conduct meetings effectively.
- High level of independent judgment, accuracy, creativity and initiative.
- Ability to quickly identify, evaluate, summarize and elevate items requiring higher-level leadership attention.
- Strong demonstration of commitment to teamwork and partnerships internal to GM.
- Comfortable with dealing with ambiguous and unpredictable situations.
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to travel occasionally on relatively short notice.
- Cultural acuity.
- Over 5 years’ experience of automobile related industry. Have experience of automobile type approval is preferred. Working for imported vehicle type approval is a plus.
- Knowledge of export/global regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of export market certification requirements.
- Financial acuity.
- Regulatory/Certification Engineer, Design Release Engineer or Validation experience.
- Familiarity with assembly plant processes.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.