Some specific tasks are highlighted below:
- Work with across teams in Engineering on benchmarking works and activities including vehicle teardown, vehicle ride, benchmarking & auto show reports
- Work with global benchmarking team and other regions as part of whole team
- Provide research on Global & China industry trends and landscape focusing on EV, ADAS and key features
- New technology study and investigation to incubate innovation projects
- Cooperate closely with JVs on China benchmarking joint projects
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within China to support strategy study
- Work with 3rd party to obtain benchmarking reports and information on key technology
- Investigate on China customer’s needs in key features
- Communicate information to and from internal and external customer organizations
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive or related field.
- Strong communication, organizing and presentation skills for both global and local team
- Knowledge of key areas and systems in auto industry such as electrification, automated driving and features
- Analytical skills for evaluating information and solving complex problems
- Quick learner, able to handle planned/unplanned work, able to handle multiple projects
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring engineering technical excellence
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.