Position requires an employee to be onsite on a full-time basis.
Factory ZERO is our first, all-electric automotive assembly plant and the blueprint of General Motors' electric future! We have a corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” Our most novel products like the Hummer EV and our very first autonomous vehicle, Cruise Origin will be assembled right in this facility. This requires us to employ the most upbeat, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble these outstanding products!
The Alignment Technical Engineer is the process expert at the plant level tasked with ensuring the quality of production processes in the Alignment Cell, Cam Drill machine and the Optional Vehicle Test station. The alignment coordinator collaborates closely with the plant electrical coordinator, DVT (Dynamic Vehicle Test) coordinator, alignment operator team, maintenance teams and quality engineers as required central engineering support and equipment OEM support. The main objective of the alignment coordinator is to maintain the quality and throughput of the alignment cell.
What You’ll Do:
- Expert in Caster, Camber, Toe, Trim Heights, Steering Wheel Angle & Headlight Aim measurement and control.
- Familiar with calibration processes performed in the Alignment station: Front Camera Module (FCM), Air Suspension, Long Range Radar (LRR), Night Vision, “Z” height etc.
- Ensure that process equipment is set up to the current engineering specifications and implement continued monitoring of setup
- Headlamp Aim (HLA) – Setup in machine software and teach new HLA styles that are introduced after the main launch or equipment installation.
- Alignment – New model setup & configuration for new styles (ex. Tires, suspensions) that are introduced after the main launch or equipment installation.
- Coordinate assembly verification group (AVG) software updates with DVT coordinator and equipment and software updates with equipment supplier
- Monitor compliance to Process Control Plans (drive audit, alignment geometry attribute audits and machine measurement system correlation etc.) and T&E bulletins
- Analyze process result data, JD Power & Warranty data to identify and correct problems
- Manage processes to target nominal and reduce variation to achieve a stable, in control and process utilizing available systems such as MERS, GPM&C and GSIP.
- Monitor product component quality
- Conduct periodic measurement system validation tests
- Visually verify headlamp aim quality at the machine level
- Analyze daily vehicle drive audit data and manage data sampling, frequency, and vehicle selection
- Analyze daily machine to machine correlation data
- Assist in troubleshooting problems and failures with alignment, OVT and cam-drill equipment
- Act as Wheel Alignment & Headlight Aim liaison to the manufacturing engineering (ME) and product engineering team
- Maintain Dedicated Reference Vehicle (DRV)
- During Launch: Support User Acceptance Tests (UAT) of alignment process
Your Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience within Engineering Maintenance, Quality or Electrical Engineering
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to implement GMS principles
- Specific Alignment Process Experience
** GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.