Hybrid- Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time [Night Shift]
The Role –
In this role, this resource would be supporting senior application administrator and leading admin activities within integrated application space in Global Business Solution. This space includes various technologies such as custom cloud-based web applications, Hyperion Planning, DRM and interacts with SAP and HFM, Power BI. Flawless execution of time sensitive month-end close process. Such as open/close system on timely basis, load data, run reports, and troubleshoot issues and develop suitable solution.
What You’ll Do -
- Have an extensive knowledge within SAP PO lifecycle process and use of SAP Project Systems
- Able to run report or pull data from SAP Project System to troubleshoot data variances
- Maintain cloud-based applications, including loading data, validating, monitoring jobs, metadata update, run reports to support month-end process, etc.
- Provide support to global users during close process, inclusive of evening and weekend hours when required
- Maintain standardized application processes and documentation for application support - document work steps necessary to achieve consistent and repeatable results with a high degree of quality
- Able to work with a high level of independent capability and initiative, while being able adjust daily workloads to shift for competing business priorities, to be able to finish assignments without undue supervision
- Partner with business teams to understand and develop requirements for application enhancements. Develop, design, and partner with IT to implement system solutions based on requirements
- Partner with IT team on technical solutions and infrastructure support.
- Create ad-hoc reports using Hyperion Smart View
- Able to root-cause and perform ad-hoc workarounds with little to no preparation to support requests and queries from respective business partners
- Assist with security administration – add/remove users, run quarterly audits
- Communicate with userbase of upcoming application maintenance activities in reasonable time
- Work with enterprise data governance team to onboard new hierarchical/master data changes
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of financial systems experience in SAP PO, Project Systems, Hyperion Planning, Financial Data Quality Management (FDMEE)
- Knowledge of DRM and data governance process
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships.
- Advanced Excel skills including vlookups, pivot tables, if / then statements, etc.
- Basic SQL skills to query data from backend tables to troubleshoot issues
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities, attend training, and learn new technical skills.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.