Hybrid- Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time [Night Shift
The Role –
This position will be responsible for participating in the planning, execution, and controlling of implementation projects and processes that support our Transformation roadmap. Core activities will include creating and maintaining project plans and schedules, coordinating cross-functionally to understand and manage interdependencies and conducting proper scope and risk management.
This is a collaborative role that will work with a cross-functional team of business, functional process leads and IT personnel to understand the current state and to define the future state of the user experience. The person in this role should understand or be willing to learn about industry standards and best practices for digital transformation. This role will support the business in effectively articulating the business requirements for technology solutions, defining the user experience, developing a future vision and a roadmap, and providing consultation during project implementations.
What You’ll Do -
Project Management and Administration
- Effectively applies project management methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Supports project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
- Takes meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs follow-up
- Assists in development of presentations
- Creates and executes project schedules and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to partners
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimizes GBST’s exposure and risk by managing scope and mitigating risk on project
- Create business requirements documents, test plans and test cases, agent training documents and implementation documentation as necessary
- Interact with business partners to understand/ document the scoped business processes, user journey, and requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for process simplification and standardization strategies
- Effectively conveys the GBST initiatives message in both written and verbal business discussions
- Identifies partnership opportunities across projects
- Grows long-term relationships with internal and external partners and capitalizes on partnership opportunities
- Organizes and prepares team and partner meetings effectively
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors when appropriate
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Facilitates team and partner meetings effectively
- Holds regular status meetings with project team
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general news
- Serves as key participant in partner meetings
- Addresses issues openly and quickly
- Possesses general understanding and/or is willing to learn about the areas of GBST offerings
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on partner engagements
- Assists in the evaluation and redesign of project offerings
- Provides relevant information for decision-making purposes through oral or written communication
- Reviews data and uses inductive/deductive reasoning to recommend further investigative steps
- Creates and promotes change in the organization through a disciplined process that helps enable effective change and sustain it
- Inspires or motivates others to perform with or without positional power or direct authority
- Tactfully communicates new ideas, speaks up about concerns and takes responsibility for one’s actions
- Remains calm, confident and in control in high pressure situations and maintains productivity
- Takes charge without prompting. Quickly seizes opportunities when they appear. Delivers on time
- Prioritizes needs of internal stakeholders and fosters custom relationships or experiences to ensure satisfaction with a product, service, or solution
- Ensures a business process moves from design to inception, review, and optimization
- Able to use risk management tools and techniques to identify and escalate/mitigate risks
- Considers project goals, makes plans, identifies stakeholders, and marshals resources to meet deadlines
- Able to understand and identify scope and prevent scope creep throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Engages team in formal/informal ways to maximize their potential for a task, role or work product
- Teaches a particular skill or behavior through demonstration, coaching, practice or instruction.
- Self-directs and makes sound decisions independently, even in ambiguous situations. Assesses conditions to determine and prioritize the appropriate action
- Takes an organizational strategy/key priority and turns it into a realistic action plan to execute or implement.
- Considers time, resources, stakeholders, and/or other environmental factors in decision making in order to determine potential solutions and their impact
- Recognizes and deals with disputes in a rational, balanced, and effective way
- Identifies opportunities for synergy and integration. Simplifies complex processes.
- Makes sense of the current request, need, or issue to solve problems quickly
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of Project Management experience is required
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or similar required
- IT project experience preferred
- Able to build, baseline, track & update schedules using Microsoft Project is required
- Detailed, organized, and has efficient record keeping skills
- Ability to interpret and translate business roadmap into project management deliverables
- Experience with Weekly/Monthly Status Reporting
- Effectively able to facilitate and follow up on internal and external partner meetings
- Ability to interact with Executive Management staff upon request
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.