Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
The world has changed, and we need your help to change it for the better! The General Motors BrightDrop team is tasked with developing and commercializing smarter ways to deliver goods and decarbonize the last mile. This includes zero emission solutions that will reduce congestion in cities and improve safety, developed in an exciting fast-paced environment backed by the strength of a global automotive leader.
This is a unique opportunity to innovate and scale sustainable solutions to address the world’s mobility challenges. We seek passionate and experienced individuals - come join us and let’s innovate! To learn more about how we’re building smarter ways to deliver goods and services please go to https://www.gobrightdrop.com/.
- Own your individual study of a core strategy and/or inorganic opportunity for BrightDrop, leading the analysis and the creation of presentations and other deliverables
- Work cross-functionally with the Strategy and Corporate Development teams at BrightDrop and within General Motors to evaluate new opportunities, including market sizing, competitive analysis, and capability assessments
- Collaborate with our cross functional partners including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Finance to pressure-test your findings and recommendations
- Pursuit of an MBA
- Must be graduating between December 2024-June 2025
- 2-5 years experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, banking, or private equity
- Ability to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred qualifications)
- Experience presenting to executive audiences
- Experience leading business cases and/or analytical, data-driven projects
- Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or corporate development strongly preferred
- Experience in Automotive and/or Delivery & Logistics industry strongly preferred
- Conscientious self-starter, with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, initiative, strong judgement and dependability
- Proactive, analytical, problem solver who resolves issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Strong learning agility with eagerness to jump into a new and ambiguous challenges and bring structure and simplicity to an otherwise complicated process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling effective communication and presentation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to support and drive key results as well as mentor junior team members
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Google Workspace suite
- Proficiency in PitchBook and Capital IQ
This position has a planned start date of May/June 2024.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Hybrid : Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
Pay Transparency Language (Compensation)
The salary range for this role is $6200-$6700, dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.