Position Description - Senior Automation Developer
Background: Global Business Solutions – Digital Solutions:
GBS Digital Solutions is focused on driving a disruptive shift in strategy, structure, systems, processes and technology across the GM enterprise. We strive to be global strategic business partners delivering world class transformational and operational solutions with the highest integrity and quality. GBS operates as a global organization supporting various GM functions including Finance, Controllership, Purchasing, HR, Manufacturing and a growing list of new business partnerships.
The Senior Automation Developer is primarily responsible for developing, testing and implementing automation solutions to drive value across the organization. In this role, you are expected to be self-sufficient and capable of handling intermediate to complex projects.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Support the Automation Development Lead and Digital Solutions Production Support Lead in managing in-flight and deployed automations
- Lead development of new automations, enhancements and break fixes based on design requirements
- Mentor and train other developers on all facets of Digital Solutions
- Collaborate with automation team members to develop coding standards and best practices for development and deployment, to maximize effectiveness/reuse of developed code
- Serve as the automation lifecycle subject matter expert
- Review and test code developed by other team members
- Present completed automation development projects at governance tollgates
- Monitor and communicate project progress, risks and outcomes to all levels of the organization
- Perform automation retirement and ongoing change management
- Contribute to the knowledge management repository and support development of artifacts to provide training to team members that leverage automation and analytics tools
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects to strengthen and scale the digital solutions program
- Stay abreast of current market trends and industry practices to help inform thoughtful solutions, strategies and initiatives
- Establish relationships with all levels of business and IT stakeholders
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate at various levels of the organization tailored appropriately to the audience
- Start Up - Creativity balanced with a structured approach to innovate in a new area with minimal formal guidance
- Collaboration - Candidate should be approachable to others and build an internal network. Seek opportunities for collaborative experiences to help accomplish organizational goals.
- Service Innovation - demonstrated experience innovating in a service environment (tools and methodologies such as RPA, LEAN, OPEX, etc.)
- Advancement - Mindset that challenges conventional boundaries and looks for new opportunities across all aspects of a program or project
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong technical/IT background and demonstrated continual development of skills in new technologies
- 3-5 years hands on experience on RPA tools – Automation Anywhere is preferred
- Experience with tools like KNIME, Power BI, HUE, OCR tools, Enterprise Systems SAP, Workday is preferred
- Experience in any of the programming languages like VBA, SQL, Python, C/C++, Java, JS, .Net is preferred
- Experience with project and/or program management, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Maintains effectiveness in a continually evolving environment
- Demonstrated effective executive communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative, inclusive manner
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis
This role is for mid shift.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.