- In this role, you will be given the opportunity to engage in advanced technology work to evaluate various strategies for consideration in GM’s automotive security roadmap.
- You will also be given the opportunity to work cross-functionally with many GM business units to enable the success of vehicle development, manufacturing, and serviceability.
- The SW Architect will lead in a progressive technical position responsible for continued execution of GM’s product SW Architecture design and its evolution through technological advancements to ensure GM remains ahead of the adversary.
- The SW Architect (specialist) will own and define the entire SW requirement associate with BSW and diagnostic specialist, and guide the implementation across internal and external architecture and system teams.
- Lead the System-SW health strategy for the L2++/L2 Domain. Including the ADCU Chip internal and among Chips level.
- Taking the ownership of SW platform architecture and solution, create new/or refine existing requirements independently in AD/ADAS field.
- Lead the System-SW failure Mode and Effect analysis for the failure action design: major for Fault management design.
- Lead the specific fault monitor architecture solution for the L2++/L2 system & SW stability. Including the function and safety diagnostic architecture from function, BSW and HW level.
- Support the specific SW architecture solution for the L2++/L2 function achievement. Such as: Feature Application layer and algorithm extraction layer.
- Support the specific SW architecture solution for the L2++/L2 Infrastructure achievement. Such as: BSW, Middleware, OS, Drivers SW architecture.
- Responsible for the risk and status identification and report for the specific SW architecture item
- Lead risk assessments on deviations from requirements
- Support both internal and external Integration and Verification teams for trouble shooting and refine the architecture and requirement as needed
- Support the workstream lead for the task breakdown, assignment and plan definition.
- Professional experience with proven technical and professional skills in job-related area required, including embedded controls/software development
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR standards and methodology
- Familiar different OS environment (QNX, Linux, Android…)
- Knowledge and experience for SW quality, and function safety solution design in SW field, while familiar with the failure mode of the function, BSW, Middleware, OS and platform.
- Knowledge and experience with SFMEA|DFMEA analysis and design experience with AD/ADAS system .
- Deep knowledge with the function safety architecture design with concept of EGAS, fail-safe, fail-operational, fail-silent, MooN.
- Familiar with the fault catalog and degradation strategy of AD/ADAS domain for the L2 and L2++ function with knowledge of ISO26262
- Master Degree or above in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or equivalent majors.
- 6+ years of experience in AD/ADAS software architecture development (bonus experience of Infotainment area)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, Exhibits appropriate interpersonal skills to work effectively with stakeholder cross functionally to meet mutual goals
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English
- International or global OEM/supplier work background is preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.