A IT Scrum Master is a process expert and a key member of an Agile Scrum Team. They are responsible for assuring the SCRUM team maximizes the productivity of its development capability and meets their Sprint goals. As a Scrum Manager you will drive the daily standup, identify and remove any blockers to team productivity, measure team performance, negotiate priorities with the Product Owner, and drive continuous improvement. An ideal candidate will have a systems background and a process mindset. The candidate will be good at pulling people together toward a common goal and be open to critically assessing how to improve. Agile development and Dev Ops experience is a plus. Most importantly the candidate needs to be ready to own multiple types of issues impacting application development and drive them to a successful conclusion.
Minimum Qualifications :
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related experience At least 4-5 years of systems development.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile IT development team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully own and drive to conclusion issues impacting productivity.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing work and working with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated excellence with communication skills; being inclusive of team members with different experience levels, backgrounds, opinions, and ideas.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience with TFS/Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Power BI.
- Agile product development experience or certification.
- DevOps experience and understanding.
- Post graduate degree in a technical discipline.
Responsibilities and required skills/capabilities are dependent on subject area focus and include some of the following:
- Develop and update reviews for ELA, Strategic and assigned supplier contract achievements
- Ensure the input, feedback and approval of requestor, purchasing and Global Software Management team members
- Provide guidance and direct support during execution of scope and negotiation activities
- Understand all current software contract workstreams to identify issues and risks
- Provide input to project progress and status reports
- Facilitate development of content for technical training for global IT employees tied to portfolio deliverables
- Contribute to efforts to improve safety culture and eliminate injuries and fatalities and execution of Global Workplace Safety Initiatives including office safety.
- Perform research to support execution of the security awareness campaigns that address major vulnerabilities identified by IT Security and Risk Management.
- Support policies, monitoring, tools and shared processes to ensure timely and disciplined execution of the current portfolio and development of next year portfolio plan
- Perform in-depth analysis of the IT project portfolio to determine opportunities for improvement in execution and planning
- Contribute to business requirements definition and perform user acceptance testing for portfolio management tool enhancements
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Solid verbal, writing and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient with Excel
- High level of interpersonal skills, integrity, work ethic
- Experience with successfully managing small/medium sized projects in a matrix environment
- Ability to gather and interpret complex quantitative or qualitative data
- Exhibit excellent analysis skills, with the capability to quickly transform data into information
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills and willingness to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and document complex IT, Finance, Legal, Supplier, HR and/or communications processes, policies or procedures
- Maintain tracking scorecards and metrics to illustrate status and ownership
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.