- Strategic Vision and Leadership:
- Determine the strategic direction of the company, focusing on where we play and how we win in the marketplace.
- Continuously champion the ideal state of the business, anticipating future challenges and opportunities.
- Digital P&L Management:
- Oversee and manage the digital Profit & Loss, ensuring maximum profitability and sustainability.
- Drive a comprehensive approach to business planning, considering all facets including product development, business models, implementation processes, and capability requirements.
- Insight Development:
- Harness data analytics, market trends, and consumer insights to propel the business forward.
- Drive a consensus understanding across various departments and teams, ensuring alignment with the strategic vision.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Work closely with other department heads and senior leadership to align strategic initiatives and operational activities.
- Ensure that strategy is translated into actionable plans and that the organization has the capabilities required to execute.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the company’s strategic objectives are well-understood and supported.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, management, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or a related field. MBA or equivalent advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, with a sizable portion in strategic planning, business development, or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in managing digital P&L and driving digital transformation.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to derive actionable insights from complex data.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with a proven ability to drive organizational alignment and stakeholder buy-in.
- Experience in fostering innovation and driving change in complex organizations.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.