Main Areas of Responsibilities:
- Function as an intermediary between IT and Finance Business partners, building strong relationships to ensure Project objectives are met
- Strong technical and analytical skills are required to ensure the robustness and integrity of the system and its outputs
- Perform System Integration Testing (SIT) or User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to sign off that functionality designed by IT developers agrees with the contractual measures of success (or given Business requirements)
- Lead Parallel Testing with business partners by identifying key users and leading efforts to complete parallel testing efforts. Leading requires basic PMO abilities such as developing schedules, establishing kick off meetings, developing test cases, maintaining global office hours for support, and leading status updates with business partners
- Develop testing strategies to investigate system database functionality, address business concerns, conduct root cause analysis and recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Able to work with a high level of independent capability and initiative
Shift: Night (8:00 PM to 5:00 AM)
Basic Required Qualifications:
- College degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years general finance, systems, and data analysis experience
- Strong technical background and business knowledge of Financial systems including: SAP, Hyperion, cloud EPM applications, and Financial Reporting, Microsoft applications
- Advanced to Fluent English skills in both verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Able to collaborate with IT, Finance, and Accounting professionals on topics within their expertise
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities, attend training, and learn new technical skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.