Position Tasks and Responsibilities
Standard Time Data System (STDS):
- Verify and study the new request for STDS system upgrades.
Interact with plant IE’s/respective stake holders in order to collect the comprehensive time data and observations.
- Analyze the data by statistical/regression analysis.
- Support queries/application users by assisting with installation, providing guidance about usage and training.
- Identify areas for improvement/optimization for product, process.
- Work with teams across the globe to determine impact of new/existing requirements.
- Technical Coaching: Training and developing team members on technical skills in standard time data system (STDS)
- Driving Continuous Improvements: Leading continuous Improvement meetings for team, capturing ideas and guiding team to prioritize, execute and track all CI ideas.
- Leading Innovation Topics: Leading by example by executing Innovation activities for team.
Collaborating with Global SMEs
- Project Management Support: Collaborate with Global STDS users to ensure proper query resolution, Lead the STDS users' annual meetings, Hosting Internal Project Review meetings, auditing all Controlled Document and health check reporting at required frequency.
- Passionate to work in a team and provide direction/guidance/coaching to other team members.
- Provide technical assistance for manufacturing engineering personnel/STDS users.
- Expert in any work measurement system like MTM/MOST/PMTS.
- Expertise in Leading change and explore opportunities to improve current process/new ways of doing things. Then validate and implement new process concepts and associated workflows by involving all stakeholders.
- Experience in automobile shop floor activities and other functions like paint shop, body, GPS, material handling
- Expertise standardized work processes within team and support creation and update training documents.
- Explore innovative technologies to improve the current “state of the art” with new technology options in standard time data system (STDS)
- Time Measurement and Analysis for Automotive Plant Application
- Thorough knowledge on Assembly Processing work of Industrial Engineers
- Video Editing Software -Camtasia
- HTML Software for Chart Information Pages–Adobe Dreamweaver
- Well versed with Safety Protocol Processes
- Expertise in Global Ergonomic guidelines
- ILO Pacing
- Excellent verbal and written communication to deal with overseas teams
- Timely Problem solving
- Project management -SOW/Forecasting/Estimation/Reporting KPI/Project governance
- IP generation and Innovation- Contributing and guiding team members.
- Driving continuous improvements and change management.
- Passionate to contribute in multiple World class projects and deal with diversity of requirements
- Bachelors’ Engg Degree(IE/Prod/Mech/Auto)
- Masters in IE/Prod/MFG - Preferable
- 12-15 Years of experience as Industrial Engineer / Project Manager
- Certification of work measurement system like MTM/MOST/PMTS added advantages
- Communication-Content creation and story telling
- Determining Compliance
- Leading with Influence
- Project team performance
- End-to-End Process management
- Strategic planning
- Work load management
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.