GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Remote: The position can be performed remotely most of the time, but the employee may be asked to come on-site approximately four times per year.
Our focus is on relationship building and flawless negotiation and execution of initiatives in the following key areas:
New Business Development
Corporate and Regional Strategic Initiatives
Interns will work with project teams to deliver on key initiatives such as:
Lead business case development for deals, which involves identifying and interfacing with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
Evaluate new business opportunities
Research industry and value chain dynamics and landscapes
- Pursuit of an MBA degree (1 year into MBA program)
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred qualifications):
- 2+ years of Strategy, Business Development, Entrepreneurship, Technology or Automotive Experience
- Proficiency crafting and presenting compelling stories to all levels of the organization
- Experience gathering customer insights by applying human-centered Design Thinking principles
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience creating and implementing corporate and/or business-level strategies: formulation, activation, and execution coordination highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others while driving results
- Goes beyond strategy definition and into effective execution
- Strong project management skills with a keen attention to detail and operations with a sense of urgency to move from ideas to action
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to process and organize facts, data, and other information to define a problem and develop an effective solution
- Ability to aggregate, synthesize and communicate business information in formats that are clear and effective for the desired audiences
- Highly organized and skilled in priority setting
- Cultivates an open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
Pay Transparency: The salary range for this role is $6,200 - $6,700 monthly dependent upon class status and degree.
Benefit options are not available for this role.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.