On-site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis
Single point of contact for all Facilities Service and Machine Floor Controls. Responsible for Managing Facilities, Controls, and outside Services Teams.
What You'll Do:
- Strategic planning with executive staff/division for headcount forecast and utilization.
- Link to the customer through the FMR on all facilities matters.
- Manage Facilities personnel/services –training, development, and evaluation.
- Member of negotiating committee regarding represented labor where required.
- Team with other FAM’s for information and sharing lessons learned.
- Identify, communicate, and manage opportunities to support business plan objectives.
- Internal / external communication.
- Coordinate environmental, utilities, security, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain (GSC), contract administration, and Facility Engineering & Projects
- Interface with local business and government.
- Administer budgets and project funding.
- Business plan preparation and coordination of FACILITIES objectives with the plant leadership. Update/monitor performance measurements.
- Strategic space planning and resource management.
- Observe facility projects to insure adherence to customer requirements and corporate standards.
- Assure implementation of GMS, including administration of planned maintenance objectives.
- Leverage resources throughout organization as necessary.
- Assign specific tasks (functional elements) to the responsible Team member.
- Assist Facilities team with resolution of supplier problems, as required.
- Compile data gathered by FACILITIES team and report to management as required
- Administer GM Corporate Process Risk Management (PRM) policies
- Member of ERCT and support crises preparedness activities
- Assure the collection and analysis of data including Help Desk reports, customer satisfaction survey, monthly report on expenses (ROE), financial data, square footage occupied and available, density ratios, FM Scorecard, Human Resources and Industrial Engineering (where applicable).
- Manage PDPM - small construction blanket
- Responsible for identifying and upskilling of Machine Floor Controls Engineers
- Manage the collection and storage of documentation (lock-out maps, electrical drawings) of manufacturing equipment for compliance and quick recovery.
- Ensure GMS compliance is each area.
- Promote safe work practices as the highest priority and implement objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping.
- Workplace Safety System involvement
- Emergency Response Facilities coordinator where applicable.
- Establish methods to assure completion of Safety tours, safety talks, Take 2 process, Pre-task planning
- Assist or ensure compliance with Corporate and UAW safety programs.
- Human Resource Management (HRM) Administration.
- Administer CAP process and complete performance reviews for all salaried employees in his or her staff.
- Build and maintain good working relationships and integrity with employees, union, management and supplier community.
- Provide understanding and consistent administration of national and local agreements and serves as a member in the local negotiations process.
- Empower employees to continuously improve their work and support them by eliminating and managing constraints.
- Effectively select, develop, motivate, and utilize human resources in accordance with corporate and governmental policies and procedures.
- Plant facility related production interruption notification - escalation
- Ensure the implementation of Maximo Strategies into related Plant Operations - Floor activities.
- Lead the understanding and utilization of tools for product, process, and system improvement and problem solving such as:
- Practical Problem Solving Process
- Statistical Process Control / Data Feedback Process
- Corrective Action Reporting Process
- Support production requirements by utilizing GM-GMS Processes with emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Insure prompt response to issues negatively impacting production.
- Foster continuous improvements in all aspects of the business.
- Interact with GMNA/divisional organizations on equipment, systems, and layout for current and future products.
- Manage 9000 account and Facilities budget to meets cost objectives.
- Provide input to the establishment of department budget and efficiency goals and utilizes analytical tools to improve throughput and system efficiency.
- Manage projects and maintenance priorities to minimize overtime requirements.
- Assist the plant in minimizing operating cost
- Acquisition Cards
- Evaluate employee acquisition card utilization and approve if appropriate
- Ensure acquisition card documentation procedure is followed
- Coordinate or ensure compliance with corporate environmental / energy programs.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- Engineering/Management degrees or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience with major automotive OEM (Controls, Engineering, Facilities or Manufacturing)
- 3+ years experience in Controls Engineering or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Working knowledge of process equipment operations, sequence, error proofing and diagnostics capabilities.
- Knowledge of drives/motion control, fastening tools and controllers (mainly Atlas Copco.), barcode scanning and printing and vision systems.
- Experience managing both salary and hourly employees.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to track, develop, and interpret metrics.
- Ability for some travel
- High skill level in the following Lominger competencies;
What Can Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Prefer 5 years’ experience in facilities operations or equivalent manufacturing experience
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.