General Motors has needs for qualified Die Maker Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the skilled trades Die Maker Journeyperson is responsible for building, repairing, remodeling, and maintaining all types of dies using various types of material.
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Fabricate and/or repair dies for production, including performing required welding operations
- Read blueprints to perform die repair/fabrication
- Perform die repair, using mills, lathes and grinders as well as hand tools
- Make in-press repairs of dies/tooling
- Die tryout duties as required
- Utilize measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, to repair/fabricate dies
- Drive a hi-lo and/or operate overhead crane to transport dies as well as other heavy equipment
- Document and record various data for the department
- Basic computer skills
- At least six (6) years of related experience in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair) or a U.S. Department of Labor Certificate of Completion in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair).
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes comprehensive assessments, drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shifts as well as overtime hours daily, weekend and holidays on those shifts with little notice
- GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
- If you are a current GM employee operating under a collective bargaining agreement, please contact your local HR/LR for employee placement opportunities.
This position may be filled with a Journeyperson or Journeyperson In Training, the compensation ranges for a JIT include ($35.62 -$41.55) or Journeyperson rate of $42.40. Certificates/credentials and scoring in interview will determine your status and pay.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.