This is a Hybrid position. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
About the role:
This role will maintain, analyze, solve problems, repair computer systems and related hardware. Additionally, this role will document, maintain, upgrade and replace hardware/ software systems. Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures. Responsibilities for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to operations affecting information technology in GM's business process areas.
What You’ll Do:
This role will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will be expected to work with other engineering groups on issues and solutions that need to be created. The role will exhibit a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Responsibilities for the coordination and completion of projects within the Information Technology department. This role will require experience working and communicating with high-ranking leaders at the CIO and other senior levels.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- Advanced to expert experience with current and past version of Windows, MacOS and Linux
- At least 5 years in IT support
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Apple systems and experience in the following:
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in the production environment
- using MDMs (Jamf Pro, Intune)
- creating Shell scripts
- creating and maintaining Configuration Profiles
- creating installation packages for Mac deployments
- Ability to create common compute solutions for global environments
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with interoperability of software, hardware, and OS
- Excellent communication skills to allow collaboration with users, business functions and different IT units using both English, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer-facing people-skills.
- Experienced with verbal interaction and written communication with CIO level and senior leaders.
- Innovative, critical thinking and problem-solving mind-set.
- Excellent management and coordination of planned and interrupt-driven workload.
- Provide remote and physical support when required
- Manage ticket assignment groups associated with supported sites or programs.
- Work though ticket-based service requests
- Install equipment with latest GM/Ubuntu OS images.
- Ubuntu scripting Perl, bash, python
- Storage and Infrastructure knowledge SAN, NAS, Block, Disk i.e. ADAS
- Ability to multi-task workload and time management.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and personal development
- Belief in and demonstration of GM’s winning behaviors; Think Customer, Innovate Now, Look Ahead, One Team, Be Bold, It’s on Me, and Win with Integrity.
- Ability to be self-managed and motivated to complete work within SLA or incident status
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Linux+ CompTIA
- GIAC Certified Unix System Administrators
- Analytical and Communication Skills
- Advanced Toubleshooting Skills
- Strong technical and software systems knowledge
- Expert in Windows, Linux and MAC
- Oracle Linux OCA & OCP
- Linux Professional Institute Certifications
- Post-secondary or equivalent experience required.
- Computer Science, MIS / CIS, or another STEM-related major preferred.
- Minimum of 3 year working experience is required.
COMPENSATION: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful applicant might be paid in accordance with applicable state laws. The compensation may not be representative for positions
located outside of the California Bay Area.
- The expected base compensation for this role is: $90,200 to144,100 . Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.