About the position: Experience Center Guide:
- This position provides an exciting customer facing opportunity to guide potential electric vehicle customers and the general public in assisting them as they embark or progress throughout their exploration journey in exploring and purchasing their first or next electric vehicle. Allowing for a unique and highly dynamic local atmosphere at a community level while enjoying the full resources and backing of General Motors including ongoing professional development support.
- The Experience Center Guide is part of a larger team that is tasked with the various operational aspects of the sales process and guiding customer and general public though the Experience Center as they explore the full offering of mobility options GM has to offer. The Experience Center Guide will provide guidance on GM’s products, services, brand and overall mobility offering. In working with local artists, clubs, businesses etc. the Experience Center guides will host events in the experience center to draw in and engage the public and local community.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Experience Center Guide will be responsible for maintaining a customer obsessed yet commercial mindset and in conjunction with the Experience Center Leader actively develop opportunities to drive footfall and overall sales performance as well as identifying local collaboration opportunities with clubs / artist / businesses in the community and develop these leads into traffic driving events at the Experience Center
- They will guide and educate customers and the general public with an interest in sustainable mobility through the experience center and sales process to provide guidance on GM’s products, services, brand and overall mobility offering to make the customer comfortable with the products and convert them to sales.
- Experience Center Guides will feedback to the Experience Center Leader on observed market trends within the Brand and mobility environment on a local level.
- As GM’s eyes and ears on the ground they will be providing customer and market insights to the Experience Center Leader to ensure the sales model continually evolves in line with customer expectations to deliver results year on year in line with strategic plans and KPI’s.
- Strong passion for sustainable mobility
- Previous sales experience working in luxury retail, hospitality or similar environment
- A passion for, and proven track record in, consistently delivering exceptional customer experience and sales
- Able to demonstrate sound commercial and brand awareness.
- A strong communicator with exceptional verbal and written skills
- Flexible to work as required to meet the business needs
- Results oriented - driving a high sales performance culture by focusing on a customer centric culture
- Multilingual – English + local language(s)
- Previous experience of working with financial products, or
- Previous experience of working with warranty and aftersales, or
- Previous experience of working with mobility providers
- Strong integration with local community, artists and clubs
- Strong understanding of current and upcoming mobility opportunities and restrictions in country / area
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.