Main purpose of this position:
The primary purpose of the Principal, Digital & Infotainment Design is to quickly interpret business and customer briefs and turn them into compelling creative solutions. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple products lines. The Principal of Design must be a skilled manager of creative teams, and must be an effective communicator, and proactive attitude to work with the Brand Strategy team and Vehicle Design Team.
KPIs for this position can include business, interaction, perception, outcome, and operational metrics such as user registration rate, net promotor score, customer satisfaction, customer effort score, feature engagement rates, purchase and retention rates, and quality metrics (e.g. downtime, load times).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Distill abstract business concepts and client needs into elegant creative solutions.
- Take responsibility for the creative vision and the standard of output across team members who work under them.
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly to internal and external customers
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop and inspire the creative team.
- Ensure that all of the Durant Guild creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand
- Lead multiple projects and products from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
- Collaborate with Digital Product Managers, Product Owners, Infotainment Product Owners and Brand Strategy team.
- Work with relevant teams on entire design and construction on UI/UE/CX to achieve world class digital experience
- Assemble and consolidate a winning team to help deliver on your goals and objectives
Required Qualifications and Experience
- CET 6 or above English capability, TOEFL or IELTS would be preferred
- Degree holder or equivalent, majoring in a visual or experiential design discipline or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a senior-level designer especially in digital user experience and digital user interface. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience directing complex solutions for digital products and NEV Infotainment
- Knowledge of automotive customer facing channels and customer experience trends
- Knowledge of DTC customer management focusing on online channels
- Knowledge of digital product lifecycle management
- Experience leading teams
- Experience of agile software development process
- Familiarity with alternative business models and ability to apply to a range of opportunities
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams and external customers.
- A solid grasp of art history, design history, photography and the visual arts, pop culture, and counterculture, fluency in current technology, politics, and a deep understanding of the zeitgeist of social tastes and current affairs.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic agility – ability to recognize & capitalize on opportunities, identify and avoid threats, and pivot when needed
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Strong collaboration, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Relationship skills to create a network of contacts internally and externally
- Good analytical skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.