Position: Senior Manager Digital Product Strategy & Digital Business Solution, The Durant Guild
Location: Shanghai, China
Reporting to: Chief Product Officer, The Durant Guild
Main purpose of this position:
The primary purpose of Senior Manager Digital Product Strategy & Digital Business Solution, The Durant Guild is to design the GMPI digital solution strategy for customers, determine which product, services, and experiences must be delivered to GMPI’s target customer in order to achieve success, and work with GMPI business, Intelligence Connected Vehicle and technical teams on the short term, middle term and long term digital product and digital business solution direction, strategic features design, immersive digital experience design and implementation strategy of the chosen plan.
The role is responsible for defining and supporting the building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable digital products strategy and digital business solution that meet the customer needs over the Product-Market lifecycle. He/She will lead own team and collaborate with a wide range of people to identify and define customer needs, understand the solution context, and develop the roadmap.
KPIs for this position can include business, interaction, perception, outcome, and operational metrics such as user registration rate, net promotor score, customer satisfaction, customer effort score, feature engagement rates, purchase and retention rates, and quality metrics (e.g. downtime, load times).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deeply understand China and APAC market digital product and digital business solution trends along with the Durant Guild target customers development trends. Design and define business cases that support go/no-go decision for middle and long term wise.
- Work with broader business teams to collect and modify all needs which align with overall digital strategy, and work with technical architect and product managers to decide digital product and digital business solution strategy, positioning, and technical direction.
- Develop and maintain a product vision and 12-month roadmap
- Owns 18–24-month Product Area software feature roadmap to achieve OKRs; Adjusts Product Area OKRs & roadmap based on external factors (e.g., channels, platforms, customer feedback)
- Collaborates on the exit criteria for an Epic to be ready for Implementation in the Portfolio Kanban
- Tracking features in the Program Kanban; Work with Solution Architect and LoB Head of Product to develop the Product Area Objectives and Key
- Aggregate all input and insights relating to the assigned channels and serve as the voice of the brand/business, customer, and competitor to all internal and/or external stakeholders
- Establish productive relationships with global business functions and be involved in relationship building and cultivation with internal and 3rd party service providers
- Design integration strategy and interaction with other online platforms, including other social platforms, e-commerce platform, etc. and work with technical teams and other relevant teams for implementation and improvement
- Ensure smooth seamless customer experience in the product from other channels including WeChat ecosystem, Tiktok ecosystem. digital e-commerce platform, etc.
- Manage legal and regulatory compliance (partner with GM Legal & Privacy)
- Effectively communicate strategy concepts and solutions to leadership to gain buy-in
- Leverages market research & continuous exploration to continually understand customer & market needs (working with the CX team; Includes competitive benchmarking)
- Work with relevant teams on entire design and construction on UI/UE/CX to achieve world class digital experience
- Assemble and consolidate a winning team to help deliver on your goals and objectives
Required Qualifications and Experience
- CET 6 or above English capability, TOEFL or IELTS would be preferred
- Degree holder or equivalent, majoring in Strategy/Management/Digital Communication or relevant field
- Knowledge of automotive customer facing channels and customer experience trends
- Knowledge of DTC customer management focusing on online channels
- Knowledge of digital product lifecycle management
- 10+ years of experience in digital product management, experience owning mobile APP, WeChat MiniProgram, Tiktok, and other major customer facing channels in China Market and APAC market.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience of agile software development process
- Familiarity with alternative business models and ability to apply to a range of opportunities
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic agility – ability to recognize & capitalize on opportunities, identify and avoid threats, and pivot when needed
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Strong collaboration, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Relationship skills to create a network of contacts internally and externally
- Good analytical skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.