Central focus to the organization regarding quality for defined program across the entire development process, through manufacturing, and into the field. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform early issue identification, tracking and resolution to ensure segment leadership.
- Provide clear and timely communication to Quality management relative to quality issues.
- Lead launch and current product problem solving activities.
- Deploy quality deliverables according to planned development timing.
- Work with the product team to identify and gather critical status updates for Quality reviews.
- Facilitate Quality Review meetings and integrity of presentation materials.
- Support Program Execution Team (PET) with quality analysis information.
- Help Facilitate Program team Pre-PIT / CPIT meetings.
- Provide detailed analysis on every issue to champions for resolution and aggressively approach issues including warranty claims / CTF / CVEP / DTC / TAC / JDP / etc.
- Analyze, project and track warranty and Customer survey information.
- Support the development of the global quality planning process and templates.
- Support Quality Deep Dives / Sector Reviews / Quality Councils.
- Complete retrofit requests and support special quality studies.
- Create and champion relationships across multiple functions and regions
I. Background Information:
Position Title: Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Engineer, Premium Import
Function: GMPI, GM China Quality Department
This role is to ensure GMPI newly arrived vehicles get welly quality prepared in warehouse, can be shipped for sale (or other purpose) with high quality performance.
II. Areas of Responsibility:
- Primary responsibility as represent of GM China Quality in Premium Import warehouse area, ensure all vehicles are meeting shipping quality standards by executing PDI inspections once vehicles arrive Port of Entry (PoEn), all required quality issues are identified for continuously improvement.
- Work with cross functional team to define PDI checklist and PDI standardized work document by meeting new vehicle shipping requirement.
- Train warehouse PDI operator on PDI inspection process and make sure operators’ skill level meets minimum requirements. Support PDI team to define issue severity and ownership during regular operation.
- Identify issues must get repaired, and confirm vehicles being repaired per quality standard.
- Collect PDI data on a regular basis and prepare regular PDI top issue report, study for continuously improvement by work on lessons learned.
- Work as an onsite portal between warehouse and GM central office for information sharing and emerging issue reporting.
- Support for warehouse all quality related works as well as PDI inspection per GM’s requirements, (such as power battery/12V battery maintenance, regular maintenance, and aged vehicle special maintenance).
- Regular correlation with warehouse inspector to assess the skill level of inspectors.
- Secondary responsibility is to support warehouse manager for warehouse daily operations.
- Draft and record quality related (inspection and repair) report, make recommendations for operation analysis.
- Support the special inspection, repair, maintenance, and test works, provide comments of repair solution, and develop report accordingly.
III. Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
Well-developed automotive industry experience in Quality, Service or Manufacturing related fields.
Familiar with vehicles structure and working principles, good at quality tools usage such as 7 diamonds, 8-D process; basic knowledge of vehicle audit (GCA), field issue analysis (Warranty), external customer satisfaction survey (IQS, Compass).
Good at vehicle driving and perceptual issue identification.
Good presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
Ability to work within cross-functional teams to achieve quality goals, be good at vehicle exterior/paint quality related experience.
Vehicle service (inspection, repair, and maintenance), quality issue problem solving.
Junior college or above, bachelor’s degree in engineering is a plus.
Ethics & Values, Dealing with Ambiguity, Composure, Decision Quality, Functional/Technical skills, Managerial Courage, Customer Focus, Organizational Agility
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.