Position: Digital Program Manager Retail & Sales, The Durant Guild
Location: Shanghai, China
Reporting to: PMO&BO Senior Manager, The Durant Guild
Main purpose of this position:
The primary purpose of the Digital Program Manager Retail & Sales, The Durant Guild is to enhance existing project management lifecycle methodology and support PMO&BO senior manager to build up The Durant Guild portfolio management, to setup a comprehensive measurement ecosystem to manage measure overall Vehicle & Digital Product initiatives by leveraging Digital Huddle Plus. And majorly focus on retail, sales and delivery related strategic digital programs and projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Play as program manager to lead retail, sales and delivery related strategic digital programs under DTC model, work closely with product managers, release train engineers and development teams cross various regions include China, US, Australia and EU.
- Support to develop The Durant Guild iconic portfolio management methodology, Product and Project management methodology, and a comprehensive measurement ecosystem to manage efficiency, productivity for Product Managers, Product Owners, Designers, and Project managers
- Manage the Durant Guild suppliers with quantified KPIs to support Product Manager team, Design team and project manager team to achieve aggressive goals
- Establish productive relationships with global business functions and be involved in relationship building and cultivation with internal and 3rd party service providers
- Control and manage Vehicle and digital product overall budget forecast and actual to meet ±5% variance target month over month
- Work closely with Cybersecurity, GRC, Information Security, Legal, Compliance and other supporting function teams to secure Product and Project moving forward with controlled risk and issue acceptable rate.
- Make trade-off decisions related to feature importance vs. technical feasibility and timing for a given development sprint cycle
- Effectively communicate strategy concepts and solutions to leadership to gain buy-in
- Build and lead a winning team to help deliver on your goals and objectives
Required Qualifications and Experience
- CET 6 or above English capability, TOEFL or IELTS would be preferred
- Degree holder or equivalent, majoring in Strategy/Management/Digital Communication or relevant field
- Knowledge of automotive digital experience, customer trends
- Knowledge of DTC customer ownership management focusing on online channel
- 5+ years of experience in Program management and technical/information technology project management
- Experience working under pressure with various stakeholder teams
- Experience of agile software development process
- Familiarity with alternative business models and ability to apply to a range of opportunities
- Drive to result under high pressure, logic thinking and able to see the whole picture
- Experience of Joint Venture and other 3rd parties relationship management
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic agility – ability to recognize & capitalize on opportunities, identify and avoid threats, and pivot when needed
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Strong collaboration, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Relationship skills to create a network of contacts internally and externally
- Good analytical skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.