This role will primarily support HashiCorp Vault in a highly complex enterprise that touches all areas of the business and the critical applications that rely on this platform. The “support” function is not viewed as responsive, rather much of the responsibility will be around integration strategies with other tools, providing expertise and consultative direction to application teams and developing and maintaining a product roadmap. Qualified individuals will also be expected to have a strong understanding of the application cryptography across applications and communications as well as depth of knowledge regarding PKI tools, technology and challenges in large enterprises.
What You’ll Do:
- Document and maintain architecture diagrams, system configuration, playbooks and operations guides
- Assist in the development of the product roadmap and implementation for lifecycle and enhancements
- Work across the broader IAM team to communicate the Hashi strategy and any impact to other tools or applications
- Work closely with the product vendors and attend periodic meetings to discuss issues, questions and communicate challenges
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and support new Vault implementations and assist application teams with adoption and migration
- Assist PKI team with various implementation, support, integration activities and strategic planning
- Collaborate with other team members and GM SME’s on cryptographic best practices, standards including the development of a Post Quantum resiliency plan and roadmap
- Perform yearly product assessments and compare tool capabilities against similar market leading competitive tools and make strategic recommendations to leadership
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent working knowledge and experience
- HashiCorp Certified or equivalent expert knowledge
- 3+ years of experience implementing, installing, configuring and supporting HashiCorp Vault
- 5+ years working with other secrets and key management platforms such as Akeyless, Azure Key Vault, AWS Secrets Manager, BeyondTrust
- Able to effectively communicate complex ideas, issues and strategies to senior level leadership
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Candidates with experience using multiple key management systems, who have a strong PKI background, as well as experience defining best practice standards and security policies will have a competitive advantage.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.