This role is categorized as hybrid. This means the successful candidate is expected to report to Austin, TX or Warren, MI three times per week, at minimum.
What You’ll Do -
As a Senior Full Stack Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing high-quality applications that meet the needs and expectations of our clients. You will leverage your skills and experience in various technologies and frameworks to build solutions that are performant, secure, and easy to use. You will also follow agile principles and practices such as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to deliver value in short and frequent iterations, collaborating with your team and stakeholders. Some of your major responsibilities will include:
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting features and components of enterprise applications using various technologies and frameworks
- Leading and mentoring other developers, sharing your insights and best practices, and providing constructive and supportive feedback
- Participating in portfolio planning by providing realistic and accurate estimates of the effort and complexity of future projects, and helping to align them with the strategic objectives
- Ensuring quality and reliability of your code by developing automated tests, and implementing CI/CD pipelines to facilitate continuous delivery of your applications
- Supporting the deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of your applications in different environments, using DevOps tools and practices
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of experience in designing and developing enterprise applications using modern technologies and frameworks
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
- Experience in using agile methodologies such as Scrum or SAFe
- Experience in leading and mentoring other developers
- Experience in developing automated tests
- Experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, ADO, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for learning new technologies and solving complex problems
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience or familiarity with Supply Chain business domain
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools like Power BI, and Data Analytics such as data visualization, data warehousing, and machine learning
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools and frameworks, such as Terraform and BICEP
- Experience designing and developing ETL processes to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into data warehouses or data lakes
- Experience with AI Coding tools such as GitHub CoPilot
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.