This role is categorized as hybrid. This means the successful candidate is expected to report to Austin, TX or Warren, MI three times per week, at minimum [or other frequency dictated by the business].
What You’ll Do :
We are looking for a Senior Database Developer to join our team and support our Oracle to PostgreSQL migration, data analytics, and machine learning initiatives. You will work with agile methodologies such as SAFe and collaborate with other developers, analysts, and stakeholders to deliver high-quality solutions. You will also be responsible for developing ETL to source data for business intelligence reporting.
As a Senior Database Developer, you will:
- Design, develop, test, and optimize database schemas, queries, functions, and procedures for Oracle and PostgreSQL platforms
- Implement data quality, security, and performance best practices
- Develop ETL pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into data warehouses and data lakes
- Support data analytics and machine learning projects by providing data access, integration, and validation
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues and provide technical support
- Document database design, development, and maintenance processes
- Mentor junior developers and share knowledge and best practices
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- At least 7 years of experience in database development using Oracle, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, PL/pgSQL, Python, and shell scripting
- Experience with industry leading large-scale database platforms and speed layers (e.g. Dremio, Kubernetes, Elastic Storage System, Greenplum, Hadoop)
- In-depth understanding, and experience modeling, of dimensional data models (facts, dimension, star schema, etc.)
- Experience (5+ years) with implementing solutions using the complete Microsoft BI stack (SSIS. SSAS, Power BI)
- Experience with ERWIN or another data modeling tool (5+ years)
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, DataStage, SSIS, etc.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience in providing data/ analytics solution, subject matter expertise in data and processes for Automotive Supply Chain space (Specifically Demand and Supply Capacity Planning).
- Experience with data analytics and machine learning frameworks such as Spark, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
- Experience with optimization and performance tuning of database and analytics solution stack.
- Experience with database change management processes and tooling such as LiquiBase
- Strong problem solver with ability to evaluate a challenge and understand solution patterns
- Experience with enabling batch data process orchestration
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.