- Strategic Objective Setting:
- Define project objectives by meticulously analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features, and ensuring alignment with organizational goals.
- End-to-End Development:
- Design, develop, and rigorously test business features throughout the development life cycle, ensuring robust and scalable solutions.
- Solution Recommendations:
- Provide valuable insights by comparing advantages and disadvantages of design alternatives, recommending optimal system solutions.
- Integration Mastery:
- Engineer seamless application integration by designing database architecture and server scripting.
- Study and establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Project Coordination:
- Lead the completion of applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Contribute actively to team meetings and troubleshoot development and production challenges across diverse environments and operating platforms.
- User Empowerment:
- Support end-users through the development of comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
- Continuous Learning and Innovation:
- Stay at the forefront of technology trends by researching new technologies and software products.
- Actively participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, and maintain personal networks.
- Organizational Impact:
- Enhance the organization's reputation by taking ownership of diverse challenges and exploring opportunities to add unique value to job accomplishments.
- Proficiency in Java
- 10+ years of experience delivering Business Solutions
- 10+ years of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years of CI/CD automation experience
- 6+ years of experience with SQL/Oracle
- 6+ years of OO analysis and design experience
- Excellent Teamwork and Verbal Communication skills
- Expertise in Web User Interface Design and Software Requirements
- In-depth understanding of the Software Development Process and Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Multimedia Content Development and Software Debugging capabilities
- Proficiency and knowledge with Microservices, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket, and Maven
Preferred, but not Required:
- Experience in Azure Cloud, Data Analytics, Manufacturing, and/or Industrial IoT
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.