* Subject matter authority for Global Warranty Management (GWM), Service Policies and procedures and Warranty administration.
- Supports integration of Warranty administration functions.
- Provides Warranty support for all of the zone team members.
- Develops and implements necessary dealer training.
- Coaches dealers, Managers of Aftersales and District Managers of Aftersales in the area of Warranty administration.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The GM China Premium Import team is seeking experienced, motivated engineer to support the accessories design and development. As a DRE, in GM China Accessory engineering team, you’ll be responsible for Accessories development activities for Interior and Exterior SMTs.
In this role, creativity, initiative, and independent judgment are involved, and effective cross-organizational teamwork is needed. You’ll bring your knowledge and background to help us meet our goals and continue GM’s future success!
What You'll Do (Responsibilities):
- Take lead of assigned Accessories` design, development, and part release activities .
- Expected to optimize a comprehensive and detailed plan to develop and validate the assigned accessory to its technical requirements.
- Owns the assigned accessories Statement of Requirements, component timing plan, component validation VCRI, issues, etc. and manages details when changes are required
- Communicates validation requirements to the supplier through tech reviews.
- Take lead of PDT meeting with Cross function team.
- Reviews and approves component DV & PV ADVP&R
- Documents test failures in PRTS
- Ensures all test documentation is completed by Validation Documentation Complete milestone and completes validation action plan or 3660 in support of launch.
- Manages the cost, quality, mass, etc. for the accessories ensuring a robust yet cost and mass efficient design
- Lead bench marking analysis to support innovation, trade off or cost /benefit analysis
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with other engineering departments, suppliers and customers for overall engineering activities
- Presents status updates to Vehicle Chief Engineer and Program Team
Additional Job Description:
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in automotive engineering industry required
What Can Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- 1 or more years of experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Seat and Interior design/engineering
- 2 years’ post-graduation experience in Design Release Engineer role
- Familiarity with DFSS (Design For Six Sigma) and DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) process
- Familiarity with CAE methods/processes
- Familiarity with Vehicle Development and Production Launch process
- Familiarity with metal and/or plastic bracket component physical and/or virtual test methods
- Previous subsystem and/or component testing experience in automotive.
- Knowledge of plastic, Metal materials, processes, and tooling
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.