Support the Plant Director in Continuous Improvement activities including planning, tracking, and presenting data that drives plant improvement projects. This role will also Assist the Plant Director in maintaining the plant time architecture through Outlook Calendar scheduling and be the liaison for plant communication needs to the corporate communication team.
Toledo Propulsion Systems is looking for an innovative, high energy, ambitious individual to serve as a thought leader and support for the executive leadership and staff.
- Be a thought leader to determine and prioritize decisions, manage time, prepare materials and brainstorm strategic objectives.
- Provide high level, quick and in-depth analysis of research and industry trends.
- Support executive leadership in preparing presentations, background briefs and talking points.
- Support composes memos, articles, speeches and letters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce consolidated reporting and coordination of data and information.
- Orchestrate the scheduling and planning for the executive leadership.
- Manage cross functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead cross functional project teams with major and short term initiatives with skillful oversight and execution.
- Leading meetings and forums with meticulous presentation, planning and coordination.
- Support building teams and creating culture with thought leadership and leading by example.
- Strategize, develop and track key performance metrics for the organization to inform and identify potential opportunities.
- Innovating to transform ideas into reality.
- Pinpointing and addressing core issues within business processes and efficiency.
- Identifying area of improvement across the organization and making actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrate analytical ability to interpret business reports and provide guidance.
- Demonstrate exceptional organization ability to manage multiple tasks to completion.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to serve in partnership with our communications team.
- Technical ability to deliver presentation materials for the executive leadership.
- Acting on behalf of the Executive Director answering inquiries.
- Represent the leadership’s brand of integrity, authenticity valuing people.
What Gives You a Competitive Edge:
( Preferred Qualifications)
- 5+ years’ Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Technical agility
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.