This position provides a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a team that works in a startup-like environment while enjoying the full resources and backing of General Motors.
The Experience Center Leader is tasked with the various operational aspects of the Experience Center including managing an on ground sales team to hit and exceed sales targets, product and service displays, IT and digital tools, merchandise and all customer touch points.
The successful candidate will act as a brand and sales ambassador and role modelling GM behaviours, embedding this into the work environment and team. They will have a constant focus on the Brand to continually drive engagement, knowledge and passion across the team to deliver strong sales results.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain a customer obsessed yet commercial mindset for the entire team and actively develop opportunities to drive footfall, generate leads, raise brand awareness, sell products and services, and increase overall sales performance.
- Build, lead, train, and coach a team to deliver the highest quality customer experience and hit sales targets.
- Setup, streamline, and manage store operation processes including those related to interactions with GME and third-party vendors.
- Build communities by identifying local collaboration opportunities with clubs / artist / businesses etc. in the community and develop these leads into traffic driving events at the Experience Center.
- Be the main point of contact between the Excellence Center and the European HQ, translating pan-European initiatives into the local market. As GM’s eyes and ears on the ground you will be providing customer and market insights to the head office CX and product teams to ensure the sales model continually evolves in line with customer expectations to deliver results in line with strategic plans and key performance indicators (KPIs) year on year.
Who are you?
- A go-getter with proven experience in making things happen either as an entrepreneur or as a practitioner in a customer centric environment (UX/CX know how a distinct advantage).
- A people leader with experience in building, leading, and developing sales teams.
- Have business savviness incl. track record of achieving financial and performance targets and experience in evangelizing for brands.
- Experienced community builder and/or maker/shaker.
- Experience in streamlining and managing operations and processes for setting up and running physical locations.
- Passionate about sustainability, particularly for sustainable mobility.
- Strong passion for sustainable mobility
- Experience in managing customer orientated environment
- A strong background in the operational and sales management of a large luxury retail, hospitality, or similar environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.