- Demonstrate deep functional knowledge, had breadth of experiences to work autonomously on the most complex business issues, may assist Leadership with strategy development
- Proactively analyze business results (vs. forecast, budget and prior year) to identify trends, risks and optimize business results
- Apply financial analysis tools and work experiences to influence current and future profitability (e.g. financial models, business cases, run rate, advanced data analytics)
- Prepare reporting package with insight for monthly operating review and /or Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), anticipating logical questions based on content
- Operate autonomously, where ambiguity and time constraints exist
- Lead the budget and MTP development. Analyze trends to establish bold yet achievable targets
- Lead financial analysis as a member of cross functional teams (e.g. OpEx, new business opportunity)
- Provide coaching / mentorship to new employees / interns
- Effectively communicate financial performance and results of analysis performed to Senior Finance Leadership and key business partners anticipating questions
- Proactively seeks opportunities to grow (e.g. develops new skills, attend training opportunities, network, feedback)
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
Ability to understand, interpret and compare relationships between Actuals, Budgets and Forecasts
Applies knowledge of financial reporting implications of transactions within a specific business area, including impact of changes in performance (actuals vs budget vs forecast)
Basic Income Statement and Balance Sheet Forecasting understanding, under GM structure and requirements
Can articulate a basic understanding of US GAAP accounting principles, and understands the General Ledger account hierarchy and the impact of recurring transactions on the G/L.
Understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX /Internal Control Requirements – additionally, continue to attend trainings on these topics to remain adequately informed and knowledgeable.
Working knowledge of SAP and other GM systems as required for the assigned position (systems and level of knowledge necessary will vary – employee must be willing to continuously learn the GM systems landscape and functionality)
Non-Technical Skills & Competencies:
Possesses Continuous Improvement mindset and able to translate it to meaningful projects
Solves and Analyzes Issues, Stretched Goals
Drive for Individual Results
Ability to work cross-functionally
Basic Communication Skills
Verbally communicates clearly and concisely a need, request, idea or thought to drive action of peers
With help, can tailor communication to address concerns or open conversations in a way that the external partner understands and protects the reputation and confidentiality needs of GM.
Basic domain knowledge of Operations Finance related processes ( Actuals, Budget, Forecast Analysis )
BA in Finance/Supply Chain/Accounting/Business or equivalent in a shared service environment
Experience working in a multinational organization and working with colleagues internationally is preferred
Works effectively with others and as part of a team.
Competent/Above-Average English Fluency
Willingness to work hybrid (onsite 2-3x a week) on mid shift.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.