· Develop and maintain GEN2 pipelines with Azure DevOps technology stack so that the pipelines work well on Azure China.
· Onboard cloud applications for innovation teams and resolve issues in infra pipelines as necessary.
· Simplify/Streamline onboarding process for innovation teams in infra resource provisioning.
· Develop/Customize/Maintain Azure DevOps pipelines, Jenkins pipelines and GitHub Actions for SDV platform.
· Operate cloud infrastructure for all cloud instances being used in GM China.
· Build tools(innovation) to improve efficiency in infrastructure provisioning and troubleshooting.
· Design/Implement monitoring/alerting solution to satisfy in-country needs.
· Develop and operate toolchains to support the solution development activities with a strong emphasis on automated provisioning.
· Design, implement and maintain infrastructure as code using tools like Bicep, Terraform, Azure DevOps, etc.
· Develop/Maintain CI/CD pipelines for local cloud following SoTD policies and open standards in cloud native area.
· Ensure high availability, scalability, and security of systems infrastructure on Azure China and other local cloud instances.
· Develop and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
· Propose improvements to infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools to constantly improve the speed and quality of software deliveries.
You’re required to have the following skills:
· Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role, working on a cloud-based web application.
· Experience with Azure DevOps (Pipelines, Repos, Artifact, etc.) in designing/implementing/maintaining.
· Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform, Bicep, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
· Proven experience in various CI pipelines (Azure DevOps/GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Tekton, etc.) being able to setup an open-source CI platform from scratch.
· Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and AKS or other Kubernetes implementations.
· Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java or Typescript
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix operating systems.
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
· Fluency in English and Chinese (both written and spoken).
Also, we expect that:
· Demonstrable experience in developing and operating applications in a professional context on the Cloud (AWS/Azure China/Aliyun/Tencent Cloud).
· Experience working as a Cloud engineer or SRE engineer.
· Experience working as a software developer in a similar environment, especially working with Spring Boot based web applications, is a major plus.
· If you have knowledge of security and compliance in the automotive sector is a big plus.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· 5 years relevant experience supporting the development and deployment of solutions to cloud environments.
· 3 years working with cloud platforms (Azure preferred, AWS/Aliyun/Tencent is also a plus)
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree plus 10+ years of Technology related experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.