This is a Hybrid position. This means the selected candidate is expected to report to their assigned innovation center in Warren, MI, or Atlanta, GA three times a week at minimum.
The Cyber Incident Handler is responsible for Validating, scoping, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents within the organization. They play a critical role in safeguarding GM's digital assets and ensuring the integrity of its systems. The incumbent will work closely with the Global Cybersecurity team to identify, investigate, and mitigate cyber threats and incidents.
What you’ll do
- Conduct in-depth analysis of security incidents to determine the scope, risk, vector, root cause, impact, and appropriate response.
- Evaluates processes, services, drivers, libraries, binaries, scripts, memory, network traffic, file, email, and other artifacts for anomalies, security exploitation, and/or unauthorized access.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to contain and remediate cybersecurity incidents.
- Develop and implement incident response plans, including containment, eradication, and recovery strategies.
- Conduct forensic analysis and gather evidence to support incident investigations.
- Document and report on incident findings, including recommendations for improving security controls and processes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices.
- Participate in tabletop exercises and incident response drills to test and improve the organization's response capabilities.
- Provide guidance and support to other teams on incident handling and response procedures.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of incident response processes and tools.
- Mentor and advising team members to drive the strategic growth of the organization.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Data Science or related field (or four years of additional technical cybersecurity experience).
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience designing, building, troubleshooting, and maintaining cybersecurity tools in a complex enterprise environment.
- Proven experience in incident response, cybersecurity operations, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with security incident and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Proficiency in conducting forensic analysis and using relevant tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
- Relevant certifications such as GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are preferred.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.