On site: The employee will be required to be onsite on a full-time basis. The work location will be GM Pontiac Engineering Center, Building E.
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate with a leadership mindset who will work collaboratively with Product Engineering, Central Manufacturing Engineering, and others to address and ensure BOP/BOE requirements are met for Pre-Production Operations. As a Senior Technician you will be the site training lead for all CNC and lathe equipment on site as well as maintaining proficient and up to date on new technologies. The candidate will be developing and supporting process improvement on BEV, BET, traditional transmission, and future technologies. Additionally, will be providing support to our GM racing and GM defense partners.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee all gear center training, to include development of an internal training program
- Interpret part drawings, gear and spline charts, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Work may involve development, testing, and evaluation of advance manufacturing processes, technology, and tooling.
- Coordinate with machining equipment suppliers in the programming and preparation of test equipment
- Operate CNC equipment to include various gear manufacturing processes and datum prep
- Keep up-to-date with advancements in the gear manufacturing technology and machining.
Your Skills and Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- 10+ Years Experience in Manufacturing
- 5+ Years of GD&T experience
- 5+ years practical application of gear analysis
- 5+ years CNC programming
- 5+ years quality systems
- 5+ years CNC machine operation: Lathe, Mill, Hob, Skive, ID/OD Grinding
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment
- Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to engineering (Microsoft office/teams, AutoCAD, Teamcenter, Siemens NX etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
What Will Give You a Competitive Advantage (Preferred Qualification)
- Gear Manufacturing
- Experience with CMM programming
- Project Management
- Experience in problem solving-DFSS / Red X
- NVH experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.