Onsite - Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week
The Role –
Within GM, Digital Services and Experiences (DSX) focuses on providing world class customer experiences and maximizing the value delivered by connected vehicle services such as OnStar. Over-the-Air (OTA) programming is a complex feature that relies on strong multi-functional team process. The individual in this role will be responsible for the execution/delivery of OTA updates into specific projects aligned with GM’s global vehicle development process.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as proven problem-solving abilities as you will work across multi-functional OTA disciplines to deliver updated software content to engineering development, preproduction, and production vehicles. Other key initiatives include process improvement and proficiency gains (i.e. innovation) around the use of growing OTA capabilities.
What You’ll Do -
- Understand core strategies, feature requirements, and operational process requirements for OTA programming.
- Understand and support project timelines and software campaign rollout timing.
- Work with multi-functional OTA teams to deliver updated software content to engineering development, preproduction, and production vehicles.
- Work via a multi-functional effort with Product Development, Aftersales Engineering, Development, and other resources who support software updates, from project inception, validation, and approval process through delivery.
- Collaborate with our Validation Team partners to develop and execute a comprehensive validation plan to ensure robust field performance.
- Work as liaison to escalate and prioritize issues, assist in technical triages (as needed) and track corrective action from technical teams to closure.
- Define/refine robust scalable execution processes and formally document for use by all engaged in the OTA discipline.
- Measure key performance indicators (KPI’s), identify gaps in performance, and use transactions & interactions to improve the overall OTA Customer Experience.
- Provide regular status updates on current performance and performance enhancement activities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as proven problem-solving abilities
- Update related process flows, performance, and other documents to reflect the changes and communicate them with all the stakeholders
- Identify necessary process improvement and proficiency gains (i.e. innovation) by working with other business stakeholders such as global stakeholders and SMEs
- Participate/Lead design/process related technical discussions with development teams and/or other stakeholders
- Work with cross functional teams to acquire test vehicles
- Ability to prioritize work with only limited direction from supervisor.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications) -
• 7-10 years of troubleshooting/triage and system analysis experience (operations environment preferred)
• Experience in process definition (requirement), validation or operation of service delivery processes
• Demonstrated ability to build strong cross organization relationships to facilitate cooperation and coordination
• Strong demonstrable experience and understanding of application architecture and design principles related to system integration of client components, web services, and databases
• Strong RDMS (relational data base management) database skills and significant Oracle/SQL/Hadoop/Hive query & development experience.
• Strong Power BI, Cognos and Tableau or other relevant BI reporting systems.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite
• Technical background or Level 2/3 support in problem solving to identify, priorities and communicate complicated technical issues
• Knowledgeable and comfortable with new technologies and business models
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
• Experience working with technical teams during time sensitive/issue resolution incident management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English and Regional Language.
• Handle escalated tickets and issues from customers
• Position requires operational support per on-call schedule
• Travel as required to fulfill responsibilities < 5%
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications) -
• Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics, or navigation systems
• Knowledge of OnStar System and support systems.
• Direct experience at OnStar in one or more of the following areas:
• Requirements definition
• Issue resolution
• Product validation
• Process definition
• Service delivery
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information technology, or related degree.
• 접수마감 : 2024 년 2 월 18 ( 일 ) 자정까지
• 제출서류 : 영문이력서 및 자기소개서
• 우편 , E-mail 및 방문접수는 받지 않으니 유의하시기 바랍니다 .
전형절차 : [지원서 접수] → [서류심사] → [Phone Screen & Video Assessment] → [면접] → [신체검사] → [최종합격]
• GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
• 지원서 제출이 완료되면 입력하신 개인메일로 채용절차 진행을 위해 개인정보 동의서 가 발송되오니, 개인정보 동의서까지 제출이 완료 된 이후 정상적으로 채용절차가 진행됩니다. (You will receive the PI agreement after application submission. Your documents will be reviewed only when the PI agreement is submitted)
• 취업보호 대상자는 관련 법에 의거하여 우대합니다.
• 기재하신 지원사항 및 자격사항이 사실과 다를 경우 합격이 취소될 수 있습니다.
• 기타 궁금한 firstname.lastname@example.org 로 문의해주시기 바랍니다.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.