Hybrid . This position requires an employee to be onsite 3 times per week.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value .
About the GM Global Manufacturing IT team:
GM’s Manufacturing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Manufacturing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience. In short, we’re currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation.
About the role
As a Senior Full Stack Developer you are responsible for driving technical transformation of GM’s critical manufacturing applications. You will be challenged to work collaboratively both within your own development team and with other teams to apply innovative tools, technology and open source frameworks to build the IT Systems based on latest GM Technology Stack. You will also be directly responsible for estimation, analysis, design, coding, automated unit / integration testing and code debugging. Additionally, you will also be expected a contributor towards building a team culture of collaboration, agile thinking and practices and valuing quality.
- At least 7+ years’ experience building enterprise applications
- Solid Backend Java/JEE developer foundation with deep experience leveraging Spring frameworks including Spring Boot, Data, Security, etc.
- Proficiency with Microservices, Kubernetes, Redis, ADO and Maven
- Solid Angular UI developer foundation with UI frameworks including Angular, Bootstrap, Kendo
- Solid knowledge of Java unit and component test frameworks, including JUnit and Mockito
- Working experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies including understanding of strengths and weaknesses.
- RDBMS Experience and deep understanding of logical and physical data modeling and relational database technologies, i.e. stored procedures, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Triggers, etc.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design for micro-service architectures
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices to be able to build Deployment pipelines using Azure DevOps, Git Workflows, etc.
- Ability to analyze and address various Code Scans (Artifactory, Black Duck, Fortify, SonarQube, Github Advanced Security)
What You'll do:
- Leads and generates technical solutions including specifying of requirements, functional decomposition, analysis, development and testing for current, new and major programs
- Lead development of software system team design content and software anomaly corrections.
- Performs complex design analysis.
- Specifies and balances system requirements.
- Provide, communicate, and support common best practices among software community.
- Performs as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for at least one platform or application component.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in software system design and functionality, staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Mentoring: Provide support to other team members to uplift skill sets.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.