The Software Development QA (DevQA) Engineering Group Manager (EGM) position is a leadership position within the GM infotainment software team that will be responsible for leading the Software DevQA efforts of the software team at the GM China site:
· Lead local Software DevQA team in planning and execution of the testing of software at the feature and function level
· Collaborate with DevQA EGMs from other sites and the Software Verification EGM to ensure a common approach to Quality Assurance across all sites and all phases of the software development life cycle
· Define and maintain existing DevQA processes and work with engineering and program managers to ensure the QA efforts are embedded in the overall software development process
· Coordinate with program EGMs, POs and PLs to ensure that an adequate number of DevQA resources are represented in all scrum teams from the beginning to allow for timely development of test cases and test execution as part of our sprints.
· Collaborate with operations and IT teams to implement and maintain all needed test tools. Ensure that the DevQA efforts can scale by implementing automated testing whenever possible.
· Minimize duplication of test efforts through close coordination with external validation teams and collaborate with verification team to maximize the leverage of DevQA scripts for end-to-end verification testing
· Build and maintain a common Sharepoint QA presence that documents all DevQA processes and procedures for the entire team. This site will also include the verification QA team related information
· Responsible for employee selection, day-to-day leadership, career development, progression and succession planning.
· Conducts regular staff meetings, one-on-one sessions with ongoing CAP feedback and performs mid-year and annual employee performance feedback
· 10+ years working in software development with an emphasis on quality assurance.
· 5+ years leading embedded software development teams, with a strong preference for experience leading automotive, infotainment, or closely related software teams.
· Strong understanding of all QA processes and the importance of introducing quality at the beginning of the software life cycle
· Experience with testing of entire platforms, low-level, middleware, applications (mobile devices)
· A proven track record leading teams that have successfully delivered high complexity embedded products on time and with high quality.
· Experience with automated test suites
· Experience with Android platform
· Demonstrated ability to set up and introduce new test processes and guidelines for own team and in collaboration with other teams across an organization
· Familiar with both Waterfall and Agile process (hands-on experience)
· Willingness to travel occasionally
· Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree.
· Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics, or navigation systems
· Experience with QNX at a platform level
· Experience managing outsourcing partners and working with 3rd party integrators
· Good communication skill in English and Chinese, interpersonal skill
· Prior experience with Software Program or Project Management
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.