Ultifi is GM’s end-to-end vehicle software platform that will allow for frequent over-the-air software updates, seamless cloud-connectivity and vehicle-to-everything communication. A portion of this architecture is based on the AUTOSAR Consortium Classic Platform which provides a foundation for implementing all that Ultifi has to offer. We are looking for knowledgeable software engineers with experience in designing, building, and configuring infrastructure software to help Ultifi reach its full potential.
- Work with internal, Tier 1 and Tier 2 software engineers to consistently deploy GM’s infrastructure software strategy
- Generate and publish specifications for both internal and external users
- Evaluate new concepts by analysis or prototyped implementation prior to deployment
- Develop test cases to improve requirement quality and enable quick feedback for agile implementation iterations
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of AUTOSAR standards
- Represent General Motors’ interests in AUTOSAR subgroups as needed
- Communicate Software Architecture and other Electrical Architecture topics to a broad user community
- Lead and/or support troubleshooting of issues in deploying AUTOSAR software stacks and GM-defined software components
- Participate in reviews to ensure requirements and guidelines are being met
Travel as required
- Bachelors of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with mechatronic infrastructure features in the areas of serial data protocols, diagnostics, cybersecurity, hardware layer interaction, etc.
- Deep understanding of UDP, TCP/IP, DoIP, Time Sync, Service Discovery and other Ethernet Protocols
- Experience with service-oriented communication protocols (SOME/IP, DDS, REST, etc.)
Working knowledge of the AUTOSAR Standard
- Understanding of embedded software/hardware design and their failure modes
- Understanding of engineering theory and operation principles of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- High level of interpersonal communication skills (written and oral).
Able to work independently with high degree of initiative
- High level of analytical ability in handling complicated and unusual challenges
- Masters of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- 10-15 years of software experience.
- Experience in deploying service-oriented architectures for production
- Experience with Agile
- Product Development.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical systems.
- Proven history of troubleshooting capability.
- Knowledge of design, development and test engineering, manufacturing and assembly operations, engineering processes and procedures.
Hybrid: This role is categorized as hybrid. This means the successful candidate is expected to report onsite at the GM Global Technical Center - Cole Engineering Center Podiumor, Warren GPS - Warren GPS (CL) or Milford Proving Ground three times per week, at minimum or other frequency dictated by the business.
- Compensation: The expected base compensation for this role is : $130,100 - $215,600 . Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.